Question of the Day, March 30, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, March 30, 2010

This one comes from an actual discussion had at Escapist HQ: Would chocolate-flavored gum be delicious or disgusting?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Hmmm... It... no, it doesn't seem like a flavour that would be good.
I suppose I could try it if it ever existed... but...

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
I suppose it would be like chocolate toffees? It could really go either way.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
I always like my chewing gum minty. If it was chocolate, I can't see it turning out very well. But then again I could be wrong.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Skitles tried chocolate before and look how that turned out. keep chocolate where it belongs, and keep gum where it belongs.

CovertCell

Nov 4, 2009
There was a gum in the UK that did a chocolate mint flavour and that was awful enough...think it was Trident.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Trident tried a chocolate gum, as i recall it was just really quite bland. Chocolate is supposed to be creamy and melt in the mouth - gum cannot really acheive this.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Yeah to add to the already stated opinion, gum cannot be creamy and smooth.

Haberley

Sep 11, 2008
I cannot see that being anything less than vile. Riesen is probably the closest to it you can gdet without being revolting.

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Well a couple of years back I tried some of the Trident splash stuff that was mint chocolate flavoured or something, and it was awful, I can't remember too much about it now, but I think it tasted like motor oil and grass, wrapped in a chewed up mint leaf.

Anyway, if it was done right in the future, I suppose it might not be too bad, but I probably wouldn't like it, though others would.

Tiroe

May 21, 2009
I think the texture would be just wrong. And it wouldn't even be real chocolate.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Brad Shepard said:
Skitles tried chocolate before and look how that turned out. keep chocolate where it belongs, and keep gum where it belongs.
Ooooo, good point, good point. I hadn't considered that.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
fucking awful. if you go by the principle of fruit gum. all fruit gum has a hint of menthol in it just to make ur breath smell of the gum. i can't imagine anyone wanting there breath to smell of chocolate and i don't think a menthol chocolate would work...it's not the same as mint chocolate.