Question of the Day, May 27, 2010

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I mained Terran in the beta on my way from copper to platinum 1v1 to my disappointment, since they have been consistently weaker than the other races (if your opponents knew how to play obviously, which means colossi/psi storms on one end and roach/hydra/infestor on the other), until I got tired of losing to 25 APM platinum players who just spam hatcheries and fungal growth. Now the only person I see who can sort of make Terran work is TLO, who can go for some sort of crazy triple-tech infantry+mech+air+the kitchen sink+your mom builds and manages to make them work due to his impeccable micro and harassment skills. I am not TLO. So I might try Zerg next time.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I don't like restricting myself to one group, but I'm a fairly casual player. If I had to choose one I'd choose Protoss I guess because I'm best with them.

Mar 30, 2010
I had most success with Terrans in SC1, so I reckon I'll stick with them. I couldn't get the hang of the Zerg, and although I had limited victories with the Protoss they were always very laboured. Just different styles of play, I suppose.

karhell

May 10, 2010
Not being much of a multiplayer gamer, I'll have to stick with the terran for now...
Still, I can't wait for Legacy of the Void
Then, there'll be some serious additional pylons under construction

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
Zerg if I was able to buy the game. But I have sworn off buying anything that comes with an activision label until they quit being dillweeds. Which really sucks cause I love starcraft and diablo.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Terrans all the way, I mean, tanks, huge cyborg like things, nukes... and nukes!!!!
"Nuclear launch detected" how can you say no that.

Kibbles 'n Bits

May 19, 2010
Zerg rushes provide the best entertainment value for me, so Zerg's plus It's so fun to destroy a Protoss player with a well executed Zerg Rush.

Also...

ZERG RUSH!!!1
KEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKEKKE!!11!!11

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
Can't there be an option for "Random"?

That's what I've been playing as in the beta, and will likely continue to do so. It's more fun mastering all 3 of the races, so I don't have a particular favourite. I like them all.

midpipps said:
Zerg if I was able to buy the game. But I have sworn off buying anything that comes with an activision label until they quit being dillweeds. Which really sucks cause I love starcraft and diablo.
Blizzard still develops separately from Activision. I don't understand why you have to boycott the good work of Blizzard. Everyone keeps going crazy over Blizzard's decisions but the likely truth is, that was their own choice. Activision probably had little say in it. Most of the time, these are just knee jerk reactions though. (Ex. $60 USD price tag on SC2, people blame Activision, even though Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 were priced the same when they first came out...and those were released long before the merger).

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I haven't played Starcraft, but I'm definitely interested in Starcraft 2. From what I heard, zerg sound quite fun, but they all look good.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
I haven't played Starcraft I for 10 year. But I think I'll get more sentimentally attached to terrans, but consider the protos more cooler(but harder to play as).

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Seeing as I won my first match using the Zerg's sneaky Roach-burrows-under-and-surfaces-to-destroy-enemy-economy tactic (thank you Starcraft 2 101!), I'll stick with them.

Fenixius

Feb 5, 2007
The Escapist Staff said:
Question of the Day, May 27, 2010

The StarCraft 2 beta is nearing the end, which means the game will be open to the public soon. Will you be playing as the zerg, protoss or terran?
Once again, failure by the writers of the poll. Where's my "Random" option?!