Question of the Day, May 29, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, May 29, 2010

Jonathan Trappe has accomplished what many of us have only ever dreamed: He floated serenely across the English Channel in a chair held aloft by balloons of various sizes. What's the coolest and oddest way you can think of to "fly" across the English Channel?

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Why is it only the Channel that's ever used for this kind of thing?

OT: Rocket all the way!

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Chrono212 said:
Why is it only the Channel that's ever used for this kind of thing?

OT: Rocket all the way!
Because its narrow enough to be safe, but wide enough to be a challenge.

OT: Slingshot all the way.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Rather than choose a giant bird, I'd rather fly on a giant reptile, but Reptiles don't fly.

I'd have to say the Rico Rodriguez method. MotorBike, Ramp, Parachute and grapple.

Calumon: I can fly anyway... so I'll just fly there.

EDIT:

Furburt said:
Right, basically. You get one of those Rico Rodriguez style grappling hooks, and find the nearest flight to Paris. You then grapple it up.

Your face will be quite weatherbeaten, but hey, you get there free.
DAMMIT FURBURT! That is slightly similar to mine!

Fine, I use lots of miniature helicopters to carry me across.

XIV

Mar 1, 2010
Without the shadow of a doubt I'd take Enemy Territories Quake Wars' Strogg Tormentor.

http://quakewarswiki.net/qwiki/images/thumb/3/3d/Tormentor.png/200px-Tormentor.png

Although nobody ever agrees with me I think it's certainly one of the coolest in-game vehicles of all time. The wheezing sound, the insectoid legs, the orange jets leaving a dark and probably noxious fume. Poetry in motion.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Rockets!

Although nowhere near imaginative enough as a majority of the posters here; it's faster than a balloon, easier to train than a bird, and have slightly more control over the thrusters than a catapult.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Ask Cuthulu to throw you across...

Or invent a spaceship that can travel to pluto and back without stopping for fuel... but use it to go to france...