Question of the Day, November 16, 2010

Fortuan

Oct 14, 2008
fisk0 said:
Why would the PC be better suited for Diablo?
The first Diablo got a pretty good port on the PlayStation 1, and the PS2 and original Xbox got quite a few great Diablo clones, including the previously mentioned Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance titles.
The previous Diablo games were not heavy on keyboard shortcuts, and thus the necessary commands would fit on any post-NES gamepad, and while they used point and click I'd say that design decision was not to it's credit - since Diablo is a solo-RPG, using point and click instead of direct control only added an unnecessary layer between the player and the main character of the game that would only be needed in a party based RPG like Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age and such.
Those of you mentioning the Dragon Age console port as a reason Diablo wouldn't work - they have the exact opposite problems, as party control is a necessity in a game like DA:O - which is arguably best handled with a mouse.
I would agree that I refuse to play DAO based on it's controls that I felt were ment for PC, I was just making a point of a massively popular console title that was similar.

Fortuan

Oct 14, 2008
Denamic said:
Fortuan said:
yes they are very different games but I think I made my point.
No, that's the reverse of making a point.
As in my point wasn't about the difference of those 2 games but I think I made my point that Dark Alliance was a successful console isometric view RPG like diablo. :context:

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Fortuan said:
Denamic said:
Fortuan said:
yes they are very different games but I think I made my point.
No, that's the reverse of making a point.
As in my point wasn't about the difference of those 2 games but I think I made my point that Dark Alliance was a successful console isometric view RPG like diablo. :context:
That's even more stupid.
Halo wars was a successful console RTS, so that means StarCraft 2 can be played with a pad as well.
It doesn't work like that.