Question of the Day, November 25, 2010

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Tololololling Americans about it--i mean, well, being an Aussie we don't celebrate it, but i imagin if we did, it'd be the potato or the sweet potato for me.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Well being Canadian, I already had my Thanksgiving (ya'll are late!), so I have to say the turkey was the important part. A dry bird can wreck a meal, gotta have that bird nice and moist for it to be a good holiday.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
What is the point of Thanksgiving?

I'm British so all I understand is that you give thanks to err... Someone, I guess.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Woodsey said:

I'm British so all I understand is that you give thanks to err... Someone, I guess.
Americans give thanks for the Native Indians being so easy to vacate from their land.
*Insert witty remark about slavery also*

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Jedamethis said:
To be honest none of that sounds very tasty. Apart from maybe the gravy...
The stuffing is basically like... Um... I know it's bread and herbs and stuff like that... BUt the break is... Damp-ish?

Hard to explain properly, but it's bloody delicious!

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Pirate Kitty said:
Woodsey said:

Americans give thanks for the Native Indians being so easy to vacate from their land.
Don't forget they were French and British back then

I'm Irish, so I'm totally to blame for any of that. Hell we thought we were getting away from the famine and disease and pverty and then they slapped shackles on us when we got there

Sep 13, 2009
Mashed Potatoes. Just...so...good...

Though my real favorite part of thanksgiving is the week after. Left over week. Just go into the fridge and make yourself a sandwich comprised of a roll, turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and gravy. Followed by some good ol' pie of course.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
What is this, I don't even.

I'm from the great and glorious nation of the United Kingdom, and we don't do thanksgiving.

Seems a bit silly to me, really.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I'm British so I don't celebrate today (nevertheless, Happy Thanksgiving to all those that do :D). But that's not too different from what my family has for Christmas dinner, albeit we don't have mashed potato, but roasted instead, and the sweet potato is replaced with roasted parsnip. Anyway, bearing that in mind my favourite would have to be the stuffing. Seriously, I just love stuffing so much, I always fill my plate with stuffing balls every time I go to the local pub for a carvery meal :D.

superdavo

Sep 1, 2010
I voted other as I'm also British. However, My favourite part of Christmas Dinner has got to be pigs in blankets (chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon) or devils on horseback (prunes wrapped in bacon.

They are AMAZING!

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Best of the 3 said:
Well, I'm English so I don't do Thanks giving, I celebrate my birthday instead :D

If I had to chose though I would go for the stuffing. My nan's turkey stuffing is the best and I could just eat that and forget the rest for all I care.
Same here!
OT: Well I'm a Brit so no turkey for me. xP

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
When I was younger my family didn't much care for the effort of making a whole thanksgiving meal when we weren't all that fond of the dishes typically associated with it. So I do nachos on Thanksgiving now.