Question who out there WILL Never upgrade to next gen (current gen)?

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
my current pc is better than them, and it was bought before they were released. i'll upgrade eventually because i like maxing games out, but you're being very short sighted if you think the AAA industry is making nothing other than GTA and COD clones...

NihilSinLulz

May 28, 2013
I might get a Wii U. That thing is looking sexier and sexier by the month.

Ps4 and Xbone? Not so much. The lack of games and backwards compatibility are real turn offs for me.

Artaneius

Dec 9, 2013
Only thing I plan on upgrading is parts for my PC. Mainly because I'm a video editor but it also benefits gaming on the PC. XBO and PS4 are pretty much just computers that you can't use for as much stuff. Considering how much Halo bombed with Halo 4, I don't really care much about exclusives anymore.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
I'll be upgrading in the next few days when I finally drag myself out to bestbuy/walmart/gamestop/etc. and pick up a Wii U.

Other than that? I have a newish gaming PC that should last me a good 4-5 years, especially since I've never felt the need to run games at their full settings. I'll probably never buy a PS4/XBone, at least not until the first couple of waves of price cuts.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Well I'm looking for a reason to win me over. A game that gets me excited about next-gen. Watch Dogs could very well be that game, since it does look really cool and I love games like that, so I'll probably buy the PS4 bundle by the time it comes out. I'm definitely getting a PS4 this year since so many awesome next-gen games are going to be released I'm really hyped for like Evil Within, The Division and MGS. Can't believe we're finally seeing another game coming out by both Mikami and Kojima in the same year. :)It's like 2005. An open-world Metal Gear and what looks like the sequel to Resident Evil 4 we never got; both games look amazing! But before that I'll be putting an unhealthy amount of time in Dark Souls 2 though. :p

StormDragonZ

Dec 6, 2013
I still regularly play my PS2, DS and Gamecube.

At this rate, the only way I ever see myself getting a Wii, Xbox360 or PS3 (3DS? too) is when I can't find any other games worth playing on the aforementioned systems.

However, even pondering the current generation is near unlikely within the next three to four years, minimum.