Questions you hate being asked

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
BlackStar42 said:
The Human Torch said:
"Can you tell me where the eggs are?"
The most asked question in my supermarket, appearantly packed eggs are the best form of camouflage in a supermarket. No one can ever find it.
Guilty, I'm afraid. I can never seem to find the bloody things, it's terribly embarrassing.
Pro-tip: there is a certain order to how items are organised in a supermarket. Eggs you can (almost) always find near dairy and baking products (since that's what they are mostly combined with). Next time you need eggs, just look for pie and milk.

You are welcome. :p

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
My religious friends and family members: "Well where did the big bang come from? Huh? Where?"

My gf: "What are you thinking about right now?"

Unattached female friends: Anything even tangentially related to their boyfriends. I don't care.

Sister: "Can I use your cell phone/laptop/anything even though you're clearly using it?"-NO

Parents: "What did you do in school?" Hunted elephants for a bit then built a fort out of desks. The hell do you think I did?

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
"Why do you like My Little Pony" is one of them. Its a simple matter of taste. The asker, and everyone with a brain can figure that one out. So stop it. Even worse is asking anyone: "Why do you prefer "X" music over "Y" music?" The variables represent any given genre of music. I don't know why I don't like Dubstep! My ears just don't like it! So please stop asking that as well. Thank you.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Chatato said:
For me I have two:
1)"Are you American/Irish" I don't know where people get this from, I was born in Australia, raised in Australia and been here for my entire life besides four weeks when I went to America two years ago, so no I am not.
2) Okay this one needs a bit of explaining I have type 1 diabetes and have to do my blood and insulin at my school locker and seeing as it's a pretty open place lots of people will come up to me with the same question whether I'm getting testing my blood sugar levels or doing my insulin, they always ask "Doesn't that hurt?" Seriously I've had roughly twenty people come up to me and ask that question, one guy even asked it twice and my answer is always the same "Only if you're an idiot and do it horribly wrong"
So yeah those are my two questions that irk me to no extent.
I have type 1 diabetes too but the question i hate the most is when people find out and ask "oh thats when your not allowed suger/need suger all the time right?" yeah cause i walk around with a glucose drip wired to me dumbass!!

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
"Are those tattoos real?"

Are you fucking kidding me? There are two on one arm and four on the other. Do you really think I just like to draw intricate stuff on myself temporarily for the hell of it? How many people older than ~14 do you know who really do that? I had someone at a job when I was younger actually say to me, "It looks like someone was bored and had a Sharpie." I usually just give them my patented "you're an idiot" smile and say, "Yep!"

"How did you get those scars on your arm?"

None of your business and I don't really want to talk about it, thanks. I usually just reply, "In the war."

"Is that really the color of your eyes?"

Yes, yes it is. I have OMG green eyes, just like my father before me. Also, why would I be wearing green contacts and my damned glasses? While I realize some people may do exactly that, it's still a stupid question.

"But, what are you going to do with a history degree?"

My usual reply: "Go to grad school, get a job." Which is often followed up with..

"Why get a degree that won't get you a job straight out of college?"

Erm. I love history? Money isn't everything? If everyone in the world thought like you, we'd enter another "Dark Age" of forgotten.. well.. everything from the past.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Edd4224 said:
"Ooo, you speak x language!? Say something in x language!" Does anyone know what to say in any language when asked that?

Also, "Do you like football?" Being English, everyone in this country (China) seems to think we like football. I've nothing against it but I won't watch i if I have a choice.
yeah, I speak french. I hate that.
Being asked what my hobbies are. I'm too embarased to say vidya games, so "hockey" (Is stopped playing last year) "reading" (read one book last year, it was a graohic novel) and "hanging out with my friends" (once a week, not even that enjoyable, try to get out of it most of the time)

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
Kuroneko97 said:
lRookiel said:
People ask me "Why are you vegetarian?"
As if the concept of someone not eating meat is foreign to them.
The thing is, most people don't understand WHY you would want to not eat meat. The idea (Mostly) IS foreign to them.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Lawnmooer said:
Hmm... I hate being asked "Are you on drugs?" because I'm not and just have an eccentric personality...

"Why did you do that?" Because why the hell not?

"What's your favourite X?" I can never answer since my favourite things change so often depending on what mood I'm in.

"Say something in X language!" No because I cannot speak that language, I can only curse and occasionally say a word during a sentence by accident...
Haha, I get the drug thing all the time too! It's the worst if you ever have to talk to the cops being eccentric and emotional, you have to explain it to every single one of them. I've been able to cry my way out of every single ticket I would of ever gotten however, so it pays off.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
"How many wives does your dad have."

It's truly annoying when ignorant people make sudden opinions about something (me being a mormon) because they saw it on T.V. and immediately think they are irrefutably correct and that i am deluded.

Edit: That and also-
Them-"Whats your facebook?"
Me-"I don't have a facebook"
Them-"WTFBOOOOAMFJOAHFIUAWHGIUAYGHUYWAGHWUAOYFHOAWEYGHWAOIUGHWAIEGHWIAOUGHAWIGAFHOAWQ"

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Anything that has to do about the future, and one particular question, "why are you being so negative?" by the people who know EXACTLY why i'm being so negative...Pisses me right off.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Edd4224 said:
"Ooo, you speak x language!? Say something in x language!" Does anyone know what to say in any language when asked that?
You could totally abuse this by asking innocently if they themselves speak the language in question, and if they don't you call them the biggest fucking idiot you ran into that day.

OT: I play Magic: The Gathering. I often do Magic-related things in public, such as at Burger King. (Free refills! :D ) Occasionally someone will notice, and ask me one of the following:

1.) Is that like a game?
1a.) Is that like Pokemon? (NO IT IS NOT LIKE POKEMON YOU FUCKING TWIT)
1b.) Is that like Yugioh? (... >:/ )

2.) Are those Tarot cards?

3.)Are you a devil-worshipper? (mostly old people ask me this and NO I AM NOT YOU OLD *****)

4.) How do you play? (this question only bothers me because I don't have a short answer for it)

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
"What happened to your face?"

You see, I was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate which has been "repaired." I hate having to explain why I don't look like everybody else. Thankfully I haven't gotten the question nearly at all since I started high school. I think some people are definitely wondering why I look so different and just have never asked, though.

"So is she your girlfriend?"

My dad asks this sometimes when I even speak to a girl and it annoys the hell out of me. Honestly, do you think anyone wants a relationship with me when I look the way I do? I'm not hopeless, but Jesus, I'm still in a high school and looks are pretty fuckin' important to people at this age.

"Are you going to the church youth choir today?"

My mom asks me this one. It's annoying because I feel it's so pointless since I'm one of MAYBE two guys with a decent singing voice who actually puts effort into the singing, so what's the point? Worst part is being a closet Agnostic and just wanting to tell her that I don't care but not knowing how to say it.

...This post is awfully cynical for me. Ah well.

BigHairyMarty

Jan 4, 2011
Aside from the usual "What's your favourite type of film/music/game?" shite, there are people who have annoyed me with a shitload of stupid questions in the past.

People who...

A.) Assume that I'm some sort of omniscient know it all with the answer to everything ever...
(No, I don't know why all those characters look the same. I don't know why that film failed at the box office. I don't know if that game will work on your PC because I don't know your specifications, nor am I interested in playing the game myself.)

B.) Piss and moan about the fact I don't share their exact opinions...
(I don't read that comic you want me to buy cause I'm not that interested in it. I haven't seen that film you want me to see because I don't go out to the cinema very often and it's not on the top of my priorities right now. I hate that band that you listen to because their music is shit.)

C.) Attempt a full blown conversation about something I only saw bits of or have a passing interest in...
(No, I don't remember those parts of the film cause I've not seen the entire thing. I don't have any opinion at all on those other Batman cartoons cause I've not watched them.)

D.) Make impossible demands...
(I can't give you any money even if I wanted to because I haven't got any. You can't watch my student film right now because I haven't even started filming.)

or...

E.) A combination of all of the above. Particularly annoying when they persist even after I tell them the same things over and over.

StorytellingIsAMust

Jun 24, 2011
Any question that involves relationships. I'm terrible with my own personal life, and quite frankly, no matter how much you try to change it, I just won't have enough information on the circumstances and the way the parties involved think and feel in order to make a reasonable, well-informed decision on what might work out best for parties involved in either the short-term or the long-term. This is especially true when the only viable solution in my mind involves basically saying that said relationship just doesn't work and that it would be better off for both parties to end it, because it makes me look like an asshole and I don't want to have to deal with the outrage/anger/sadness/blahblahblah.

Kind of along the same lines, I also hate being asked what kind of girl I like. That question is unanswerable. Women cannot be lumped into an overarching category any more than men can under any qualifications other than what kind of genitals they have. People can't be classified in the broad terms that society expects, nay, demands that people be classified under, and it's both insulting and counter-productive to be expected to have a certain "type" of person that I'm looking for in a prospective significant other. After all, I could be classified as a movie buff, gamer, nerd, reader, outdoorsman, writer, otaku, musician, dungeon master, football superfan, liberal, improv comic, dishwasher, and history buff. None of these categories are entirely wrong about who I am, but none of them are entirely right either. I am a person with complex likes and dislikes and complex philosophical, political and moral values that don't exactly work well together but make sense in my head, and I doubt that anyone cannot describe themselves in a similar manner. Why should I be expected to arbitrarily decide what I'm looking for in a possible girlfriend when I can't honestly say it's fair to categorize them into different types?

Wow. That's a huge wall of text, isn't it? Well, to anyone that wastes their time reading what I wasted my time writing, does any of this make sense to you?

Stravant

May 14, 2011
Why I have seemingly the opposite moral compass of every other human being I meet/why do I dislike children so much.

They both would take too long to explain, and I know people will reject my answers.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
"Really?"
But not in the sense that someone says "seriously?" or "you're kidding!" when you say something that surprised them. That's just a reaction that most people have. But "really?" has apparently become a legitimate question.
It normally comes from the "cool" kids in my school whenever somebody does or says something out-of-the-ordinary. It may be something I say every day but it's apparently so out of left-field for them that they have to verify if it *really* happened or not. So I reply with "No, *not* really. I didn't actually say that, you're just hearing things."

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Strangely, as innocent as the question is, I hate when people ask "Where are you from?" Not so much the question, I hate the reaction I get. I live in New York, I grew up in Louisiana. When people learn this they look at me like I've suddenly sprouted a second head (because I don't have an accent unless I'm particularly agitated, and then only slightly).

No, growing up in the deep South does not guarantee that you will sound like you're from Deliverance.