Quick question about the PS4

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
With the announcement of Person 5 for the PS4, it's pretty much only a matter of time before I end up buying one, but there's an important matter I need to educate myself on.

Can you download PS1 2 and 3 games from PSN to the PS4? I know you can't put the disks in, but can you just download them from online? I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a straight answer. (Also have there been an updates about playstation now and emulating PS1 and 2 games?)

Thank you very much for your time.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
No. You cannot see any of these older games, only PS4 games through the PSN store. I have a Vita and I cannot even download a PS1 game to copy across to the device.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Not sure about this playstation now thing but you can get the odd PS1 title on PS3 (say about 50 PS1 games). Ps4 on the other hand is all about PS4 and vita!

I assume this playstation now will bulk out the library significantly but at the moment looking on the PS4 store it feels a little empty, despite having 3 or 4 different ways to get to the games list.

Going off topic, the PSN store is very clunky and messy! All I ever want is to on it is look at the most recently released games but that means navigating down to games, across to most popular, across 4 screens (2 games each screen), then on the last two games, press right once more, select games, press L2 to select what content I want to filter, scroll down to content, move across and down to games, press R2 to select lay out, then scroll down to release date newest!

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I would assume they're still working on emulation software for the older systems to run on the PS4. Sony definitely wants to sell you old games(that you might already own in another form) that they don't have to pay too much for individually. But, it's probably a back burner project until they actually finish updating the PS4 with virtually all the features the PS3 has and all the ones they promised before the PS4's launch. Either that or they're foolish enough to believe that their entire customer base for old games has the internet capabilities to stream via PS Now.

It would be nice if you could at least download PS1 stuff for your Vita via the PS4. I do it from PS3 to PSP all the time since I have plenty of space on the HDD and don't want to download games over again if I can help it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
FinalDream said:
No. You cannot see any of these older games, only PS4 games through the PSN store. I have a Vita and I cannot even download a PS1 game to copy across to the device.
Ah poop. That kinda hurts my want to buy a PS4. Guess I'll just have to sit and wait and see if there are any changes for this. I'll probably hold out until Persona 5 comes out, whereupon I'll cave just to play that game.