QUOTE NOTIFICATIONS ARE FINALLY FIXED, APPARENTLY!!!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
As of last Sunday the notification setting did not reset to 'no' automatically. It looks like they've finally been fixed, along with the view counters coming back and the 'last active' section on the profile being properly updated once again.

I'm not positive, but I think you might need to change your notification setting back to 'yes' one last time, if you haven't been on top of it from week to week. You can do this here.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Did someone go and fix them, or was it the vagaries of the system, which could come back again?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Your suspicion is correct. I didn't change mine back until the fix came in, and yeah, you do have to change it back this one last time (fingers crossed).

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
JoJo said:
Your suspicion is correct. I didn't change mine back until the fix came in, and yeah, you do have to change it back this one last time (fingers crossed).
Now do something about the Spammers and get back news up to date.

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
Neat? I distinctly remember turning them off in the first place. Do quote notifications greatly benefit the forum experience?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
blue heartless said:
Neat? I distinctly remember turning them off in the first place. Do quote notifications greatly benefit the forum experience?
At the very least it lets you know when someone replies to something you say. That way you don't just have to go through page after page of every thread you've ever posted on to see if anyone replied to you.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I think the views bug (where all new posts would forever have no views, even if they had comments on them) has also been fixed!

Huzzah! Here's hoping this isn't just a last breath from the site before perma-dying.

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
I still believe that this is all due to the site breaking even further. So broken, that it fixed itself.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Makes me wonder what the hell is going on. I've been ready to say my goodbyes for awhile, and now this is all happening. I mean, I'm grateful... But this is so weird. Wish we knew who was behind this

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Clearly the site feels it's taken enough abuse and has had enough of being ignored that it has developed sentience and started fixing itself. You heard it here first, Skynet was called The Escapist before the robots attacked!

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
Silentpony said:
At the very least it lets you know when someone replies to something you say. That way you don't just have to go through page after page of every thread you've ever posted on to see if anyone replied to you.
I don't think I have that particular problem. My saved url for the site is to my profile page, and through that I visit my "Recent Comments". There is also the thing where I don't post all that often. I'm running a great streak here in 2018.

GG no re

Apr 5, 2008
Drathnoxis said:
As of last Sunday the notification setting did not reset to 'no' automatically. It looks like they've finally been fixed, along with the view counters coming back and the 'last active' section on the profile being properly updated once again.

I'm not positive, but I think you might need to change your notification setting back to 'yes' one last time, if you haven't been on top of it from week to week. You can do this here.
Thank you very much for the post and the link! Please imagine that this site had a like, +1, thumb up, karma or other similar thing, and that you just got one of those :)

As a favour, would someone mind quoting this here post of mine just to test it please? If you would like to make some sport of it, please feel free to change the words to make me say something I didn't. :)

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
KingsGambit said:
Drathnoxis said:

Thank you very much for the post and the link! Please imagine that this site had a like, +1, thumb up, karma or other similar thing, and that you just got one of those :)

As a favour, would someone mind quoting this here post of mine just to test it please? If you would like to make some sport of it, please feel free to change the words to make me say something I didn't. :)
I'll quote you!
Though you'll not find me changing your quote. I only do that for fun in the WW. ,)