Quoting Notifications Are Missing

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Making this so others see and are aware. I have already sent a message to Basement Cat though too.

For some reason the quoting notification stuff is just gone completely. So if you're waiting for that notice to light up, well thats why it hasnt. Even going to your inbox, the "Quotes" section is outright absent.

So yeah, making this just so everyone is aware. I hope this is something fixable, and sooner than later s:

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I would not normally take posts out from the WW but, here is a potential fix, though it might just be temporary, and I dont want to steal credit.

Wintermute said:
That's been happening to me for over a month now. Go to your profile->Forum and Notification Options. "Quote Notification" is set to No. I keep changing it back to Yes, but it just goes back to No again.

Jan 19, 2011
Along with the thread view counter, these features have seemed to be missing for a while. I cannot wait until they're fixed... if they're fixed :(

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Huh. User group notifications are gone too.

I did jokingly suggest to one of the mods to gradually delete parts of the site until there's nothing left but I didn't think it would actually happen.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Saelune said:
I would not normally take posts out from the WW but, here is a potential fix, though it might just be temporary, and I dont want to steal credit.

Wintermute said:
That's been happening to me for over a month now. Go to your profile->Forum and Notification Options. "Quote Notification" is set to No. I keep changing it back to Yes, but it just goes back to No again.
Assuming you have set it to Yes, does this work then?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
bluegate said:
Saelune said:

Wintermute said:
I did set it to yes, and it seems to be working again, though my quote history is gone, which is a shame since I never ever emptied it before :(

But Wintermute's post suggests it might just be a temporary fix, but we wont really know until it undoes itself again and I notice.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It seems the site is continuing to deteriorate, as if the lack of view count wasn't indication enough.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I'm mad that my user group history and quotes are gone. I was planning on archiving it.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Saelune said:
bluegate said:
Saelune said:

Wintermute said:
I did set it to yes, and it seems to be working again, though my quote history is gone, which is a shame since I never ever emptied it before :(

But Wintermute's post suggests it might just be a temporary fix, but we wont really know until it undoes itself again and I notice.
Yep. From what I can tell, it fixes the problem for few days. It's hard to say exactly how many days, because I don't post much and people rarely quote me.

Maybe it turns off after you're quoted for the Xth time? Or after X days? Who knows.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
Along with the thread view counter, these features have seemed to be missing for a while. I cannot wait until they're fixed... if they're fixed :(
Not to bring down the room (if that hasn't already happened) but I wouldn't hold your breath on really anything getting fixed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.1024592-An-Open-Letter-to-The-Escapist-Community].

Mods are plugging the holes where we can but plenty of water is still rushing into the USS Escapist and unfortunately, I do not see DEFY sending repair crews and will let the place sink rather than sink money into fixing stuff.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
tippy2k2 said:
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
Not to bring down the room (if that hasn't already happened) but I wouldn't hold your breath on really anything getting fixed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.1024592-An-Open-Letter-to-The-Escapist-Community].

Mods are plugging the holes where we can but plenty of water is still rushing into the USS Escapist and unfortunately, I do not see DEFY sending repair crews and will let the place sink rather than sink money into fixing stuff.
So are you saying the notifications system is basically gone for good?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Silentpony said:
So are you saying the notifications system is basically gone for good?
The fix Saelune posted (from Wintermutes post) at the top of this fixes it (I got the notification from the system telling me you quoted me).

Whether that will continue to work or if that will fail or something in between is something we can't answer unfortunately. We can't access any IT stuff so even if we had someone who could do IT stuff for us for free, we'd have to way to get them into it. I wish we had better news but whether this is a blip of a hiccup or signs of the incoming Escapocalypse remains to be seen...

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I know bumping is not typically done here, but this info needs to stick around I think, since who knows how many people dont even realize people are talking to them.

Mar 30, 2010
I had wondered why I no longer had a quotes section in the messaging section of my profile. Cheers for the heads up, and cheers to Wintermute for the fix!

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
At least the annoying pop up adverts still work. I'd be really worried if they stopped working.