R.I.P [insert character here]

Relnik

Oct 5, 2010
can we stop the bitching about the other m, the game wasn't THAT bad just skip the cut-scenes and the game is pretty awesome. although any of the other metroid games still stand light-years ahead of it, it isn't worth all of the hate people give it.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
FirstToStrike said:
Big Boss/Solid Snake, if David Hayter decides not to reprise...
Well eventually Big Boss will have to turn into 'Old Big Boss' so he and Snake can talk to each other at the end of MGS4 and not have the same voice.

Shaundi in SR3. As said above, she was likeable as a promiscuous hippy type, and if it weren't for Burt Reynolds, I'd not have bothered.

As for being killed off, most of my favourite characters tend to get bumped off, like Luis in RE4, or Rei in Fist of the North Star...judeau and most of the cast of Berserk...Nicholas Wolfwood...there are others.

Not so much recently, but I suppose that killing off the cast reduces your opportunities for spin offs, dlc and cameo filled sequels.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
VanQ said:
RIP Crash Bandicoot from the PS1 era. You were never the same after Activision acquired you and now you're being left to rot in the room where they horde all their unused IPs.

;_;7 RIP in piece Crash.
RIP Spyro the Dragon, who suffered the same fate.

(I really didn't like the Legend of Spyro. It felt like betrayal incarnate. Skylanders isn't much better.)

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
Anthon Slavik in C&C, he was an awesome character and actor and EA just made him disappear in the most simplistic way.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Relnik said:
can we stop the bitching about the other m, the game wasn't THAT bad just skip the cut-scenes and the game is pretty awesome. although any of the other metroid games still stand light-years ahead of it, it isn't worth all of the hate people give it.
But the thing they're specifically complaining about is the cutscenes.
In fact, I rarely see people hate on the gameplay. It is usually just the cutscenes.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Did anybody else dislike the new Cortana in Halo 4? I understand that she was supposed to be going insane due to the "rampancy" that AI's go through, but I found her character to be fairly irritating. They made her go a little crazier in Halo 3 due to being captured, and I think they did a far better job then. In Halo 3 I was interested in the strange things she did, whereas in Halo 4 I just wanted her to shut up half of the time.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
It looks like Vorgil is a badass...in his dreams...EH?

OT: I would ***** about Dante but it would take too long. So I will ***** about Sparda. Lets take the Legendary Dark Knight who made Mundus his ***** signlehandedly and turn him into a bold middle aged guy who is literally Mundus' ***** in Hell...in bondage. Oh and he marries with a ginger instead of the killer blonde. Such BS.

Dec 14, 2009
bafrali said:
Daystar Clarion said:
It looks like Vorgil is a badass...in his dreams...EH?

OT: I would ***** about Dante but it would take too long. So I will ***** about Sparda. Lets take the Legendary Dark Knight who made Mundus his ***** signlehandedly and turn him into a bold middle aged guy who is literally Mundus' ***** in Hell...in bondage. Oh and he marries with a ginger instead of the killer blonde. Such BS.
Yeah, I noticed that too...

They turned The Legendary Dark Knight into some throwaway character D:

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
an annoyed writer said:
FirstToStrike said:
Big Boss/Solid Snake, if David Hayter decides not to reprise...
Anyone who takes on that role after David Hayter's departure is pretty much going to need to do an impression of his voice, because that's the iconic growl we've come to know and love. If they go with anything different, it's just not going to work very well. Now Big Boss's voice has demonstrably changed, but that is because he got older and by the time we see him in MGS4 he's had some reconstructive surgeries and therapies(being in a coma for years really does some crazy things to your body). Just changing the voice randomly in between titles and acting like nothing happened wouldn't jive well.
I think Kevin Conroy might be able to do a good job as Big Boss/Solid Snake if Hayter doesn't reprise his role. Steven Blum could do a decent job as well.

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
Well I was going to say: RIP to any sim in the Sims series I have created since I tend to kill them off. But as a character I would have to say Aya Brea from 3rd birthday. I HATE YOU SQUARE ENIX. You killed my baby.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Ix Rebound said:
R.I.P Alex Mercer

I know he was never a "good guy" and that he was an anti-hero at best, but seriously what the fuck?
I must have missed the whole part where he turned into a saturday morning cartoon villian in between the two games who for some reason now wants to destroy the very thing he helped save in he first game.

I think i remember in a game interview that they said they wanted to make him and "interesting villian"
If he was ment interesting he would made me think about his motivations instead of be downright confused by them

EDIT: dammit ninja'ed
I agree with you. I can also fill in the blank space for why he turned into an ass hat. Activision released comics on the launch of Prototype 2 detailing what happened to him. Short answer, he went to Russia and South Africa, then while in some snowy place he got shot by some chick over money and promptly lost faith in the world. So yeah, don't ever go to Russia or South Africa if you ever get super powers.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'm going to go ahead and preempt this one and say RIP Garret of the Thief series.
To clarify, the new game looks cool, I'm a massive fan of the series, and I'm not crying "RUIN'D"

But unless they get Stephen Russel to reprise the role, it won't really be Garret. Garret is defined by his personality more than his looks.

So sure, it may be fun on it's own terms, in fact I'm sure it will be, but it probably won't be the snarky bastard I've grown to love.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011

The last game in the franchise was garbage, so I suspect that Crypto died along with THQ. I'm really going to miss that little green man.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well, I'm fairly sure Makoto isn't a playable character in BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma (whenever they decide to localise it) and her boxer-type character is replaced by some new character. Ugh. That means her theme tune isn't going to get a second version and since there's a new boxer there's no chance of her being DLC... Again.

I'm more upset over there probably being no Alexandrite V2 over anything else really. That track was seriously godlike. Makoto herself bounces on the balls of her feet in time to it.

"The Earth! The Heavens! And a MILLION squirrels call to me!"

[sub][sub]"Wait what? They don't? >.<"[/sub][/sub]

Oh and seriously, RIP Lambda. The full screen sword combos were fun while they lasted girl...

Dec 10, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
I think I was one of the only people that noticed the change in Mordin's voice actor.
He's still good, but... not Mordin good.
Oh, it only took about two lines in ME3 before I suspected they had sneakily replaced Mordin with a deeper-voiced scientist salarian. Not that the character was any different, or that the new VA did a bad job. But change is bad. He was the only character in the entire series who had a voice actor change, and I can't fathom why it happened. Michael Beattie better have been doing something amazing instead, like cave diving.

Anyway, I was pretty pissed at the way The Illusive Man 180'd in ME3. He was pure awesome in 2, a really fascinating character, made even more interesting by the line he walked between a clearly dangerous and amoral force and being the one person willing to do what was necessary. Then he turns into a basic secondary antagonist with a ridiculous plan and impossible resources, made even worse by the true motive behind his actions.

Indoctrination. What a boring reason for him to be evil. I spent the whole game hoping Bioware hadn't done that to him, and instead had him playing a long con with an actual, logical motive all along. How amazing would it have been if, when he finally explains his actions to Shepard, you are given the option of joining him because his plan actually makes sense? But no, he's indoctrinated, and we aren't even told how. Was it by the reaper fragments from the Collector Base? Maybe, no one knows, and if you chose to destroy the base, it shouldn't even have been there. ARRGH, it was such a disappointment.

Spoilered just in case anyone still cares.