R.U.S.E. Getting Free DLC From Ubisoft

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Tried the free steam wknd, but I'm still not convinced. I like the idea but the actual game didn't really engage me.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Finally stuff that actually makes a difference, before it was the DLC from UPlay which was just Suepr Pershings (way to make the best race in the game another tank unit they don't need) and the D-Day map (pretty good) along with Gold chips (useless because they are just some gold rims on the circle) and the RUSE theme.

Estoki said:
I don't see why they bother, DLC isn't going to fix the fact that the game is terrible.
What? It has its flaws but its better then most RTS games.

Ultratwinkie said:
Ravek said:
what? the multiplayer is full of trolls, exploiters, and griefers. RUSE truly is the epitome of a horrible, horrible multiplayer.
The only players I ever encountered that I consistently HATE are the ones who let me hold off the enemy while they build 100 King Tigers, they then wonder why they're then crushed.....

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Finally stuff that actually makes a difference, before it was the DLC from UPlay which was just Suepr Pershings (way to make the best race in the game another tank unit they don't need) and the D-Day map (pretty good) along with Gold chips (useless because they are just some gold rims on the circle) and the RUSE theme.

Estoki said:
I don't see why they bother, DLC isn't going to fix the fact that the game is terrible.
What? It has its flaws but its better then most RTS games.

Ultratwinkie said:
Ravek said:
what? the multiplayer is full of trolls, exploiters, and griefers. RUSE truly is the epitome of a horrible, horrible multiplayer.
The only players I ever encountered that I consistently HATE are the ones who let me hold off the enemy while they build 100 King Tigers, they then wonder why they're then crushed.....

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Oh nice, free DLC... or a patch how it's called for Starcraft 2 usuall ;)
But hey, free DLC sounds so much more generous!

Tigurus

Apr 14, 2009
I trully like RUSE though I am scared at Multiplayer because I normally suck hard at Multiplayer RTS :(

Jan 23, 2009
I have to say I love RUSE multiplayer. It's really great fun, and the new concepts make it like real time chess. It's nicely balanced, and nuanced.

Its radically different gameplay-wise to starcraft 2, but its just as good. I play both quite alot. Starcraft 2 has the "real time chess" thing going for it too, but it's more about speed, whereas RUSE is more about information management.

Karacan

Jun 28, 2009
Personally, I love RUSE - but I'm one of the very few people who don't like StarCraft or StarCraft 2. (I did enjoy Dawn of War though.) For people who prefer a slower pace and more emphasis on tactics (and bluffing) as opposed to clicks per seconds, I think RUSE is pretty perfect.

Then again, this is me speaking as a very, very tiny minority. It's no wonder the game isn't doing well, commercially. :(

- Karacan, still hoping that one day, gamers will return to liking depths.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Have it, played it, liked it. Not a big fan of the direct counter system tho. If they made it so every weapon system can shoot at everything, granted some will do better than others in certain situations, it would have been a far superior game.

Free is appreciated, tho i'll still begrudge UBISOFT if they don't stop with their retarded DRM

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
Irridium said:
Well good on them I guess.

I'm still waiting for them to replace their awful DRM system. R.U.S.E. was a start, but I'm gonna need some more before I take down my "no buying Ubisoft games when their insanely stupid DRM is in place" system. I don't see AC: Brotherhood in Steam, so I'm assuming they haven't stopped using their stupid DRM system.
No, that's simply because the PC version isn't done yet.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Dublin Solo said:
Irridium said:
Well good on them I guess.

I'm still waiting for them to replace their awful DRM system. R.U.S.E. was a start, but I'm gonna need some more before I take down my "no buying Ubisoft games when their insanely stupid DRM is in place" system. I don't see AC: Brotherhood in Steam, so I'm assuming they haven't stopped using their stupid DRM system.
No, that's simply because the PC version isn't done yet.
I'll be guessing that's largely due to Ubisoft redesigning the DRM so that it can't be cracked in five minutes again.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
hope that doesn't mean me. i set up a german defensive line early on. all i meet are dumb shits who try to rush the enemy and call me a noob for taking it slow. however, after they say that and i change my pace to attack their rush backfires on them and scream "WHERE ARE MY DEFENSIVE LINES NOOBZ?!". i quit RUSE since then. its all rush, no strategy.

however my defensive lines cannot be beat. i seen a russian player spam heavy tanks only for my ambushes, bunkers, 88s, and air force tear the armada to bits. hell i even put 3 fallschirmjagers near a road in a forrest and tore the snd wave of the armada. 3 german squads.... took on 20 tanks.... and won.
No its not you, by this I mean that I am a very agressive player early on and I try to get as much ground as possible early one setting up defensive positions, but my ally see's this and thinks I can hold off two players while he just sits back and builds 100 King Tigers and NEVER brings them up until the last minute, by then they already have ground and air units able to kill every last one of them. I encounter these people every other game, but most I play I play alright-good games.

The Holy Chaotic

Dec 8, 2009
R.U.S.E is a very good game, as Karacan and others have said. There are a lot of strategies you can use, and I thought that the info they gave on each weapon was a nice touch. The factions aren't massively unbalanced, and although I haven't played multiplayer, the AI is fun to play against.