Racist tram woman watches video evidence; denies everything

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Lyri said:
Jazoni89 said:
immigrants (Polish, Pakistani whatever) don't respect our culture, and the way we do things over here, and we are suppose to respect their culture when we go to their country...pah. They walk the streets in public in the UK wearing Burkas like it's the middle of Delhi or something, it's not on at all.

The money is all they care about, respecting everyone else, and hell even speaking basic english comes second to them.
Woah!
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I didn't realise we're judging people because they wear headgear now. I mean, I understand the immigration and the loss of jobs but that comment is completely out of line.
not really, the headgear shows that they are not respecting Uk culture.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Volf99 said:
not really, the headgear shows that they are not respecting Uk culture.
And what would you have them wear to "respect our culture"?

Do give me a good example of what the UK has to offer in terms of culture.
Broad sweeping terms with nothing behind them really offers nothing of value, what you just said was a complete smear on a community because of a dress, basically.

Impress me and you could win a £10 J.D sports voucher.

Cephei Mordred

Jul 23, 2011
FamoFunk said:
Crying because She knows she's gonna be hated by, pretty much the world now, and because She's gonna be in deep shit with fines/prison etc.

She's not crying because of what She did, or because She feels sorry for the passengers and her Son, She feels sorry for herself.

Mt heart goes out to that little Boy, I hope he's being looked after a family member or something who doesn't share this Woman's views and is just loved.
So, she really deserves to go to jail over mere words?

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
it makes me happy to see that this woman didnt go unpunished! you just made my day a little brighter!

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:
Crying because She knows she's gonna be hated by, pretty much the world now, and because She's gonna be in deep shit with fines/prison etc.

She's not crying because of what She did, or because She feels sorry for the passengers and her Son, She feels sorry for herself.

Mt heart goes out to that little Boy, I hope he's being looked after a family member or something who doesn't share this Woman's views and is just loved.
I don't know. I don't know what they'll do with her. But I'd like to see something done (what I don't know yet)

And it's hardly mere words; She verbally assaulted people with racial slurs. And she endangered her child, anyone on that tram could of attacked her and injured him (good job they know not to go to her low level) I don't see why the public should have to put up with something like that while on public transport.

Cephei Mordred

Jul 23, 2011
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:

I don't know. I don't know what they'll do with her. But I'd like to see something done (what I don't know yet)

And it's hardly mere words; She verbally assaulted people with racial slurs. And she endangered her child, anyone on that tram could of attacked her and injured him (good job they know not to go to her low level) I don't see why the public should have to put up with something like that while on public transport.
And that's terrible.

But yelling mean, horrible, cruel things at people shouldn't really be illegal, shouldn't it?

As for endangerment, I'm not sure I'd really consider it in this case.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
Silly English and their more liberal and yet oddly enough more racist country, also weird free speech clause in their constitution, its covered here, just not out medical expenses.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:

And that's terrible.

But yelling mean, horrible, cruel things at people shouldn't really be illegal, shouldn't it?

What? So people should be targeted and live there life having racial slurs hurled at them just because they were born Black, or White for example? Whoa. What a wonderful place that must be to live in. Good job you can get arrested for it.

Really? What if 5 people on that tram attacked her at the same time, you're telling me that child would of come to no harm?

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Jazoni89 said:
It's not just work opportunities (as immigrants are cheap labour), it's everything, and to make matters worst these modern day immigrants (Polish, Pakistani whatever) don't respect our culture, and the way we do things over here, and we are suppose to respect their culture when we go to their country...pah. They walk the streets in public in the UK wearing Burkas like it's the middle of Delhi or something, it's not on at all.
Is that really such a bad thing though? Don't get me wrong, I understand the logic perfectly. Why go to a country if you don't want to be part of its culture? The burka is a religious thing though, if I understand it right, would you be just as opposed to seeing an Orthodox Jew from Israel walking down the street?

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
Plazmatic said:
Silly English and their more liberal and yet oddly enough more racist country, also weird free speech clause in their constitution, its covered here, just not out medical expenses.
strictly speaking the UK has no (written) constitution, and or freedom of speech originally came from common law and now we use the article 10 of the European convention (freedom of expression) which doesn't protect racist or threatening speech

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Hoplon said:
Treblaine said:
Hoplon said:
Jazoni89 said:
She was saying out loud what we as unemployed British adults have been thinking in a long time.

No, I'm not trying to justify what she did because it was bang out of order, but mass unemployment due to asylum seeking is a real issue in the UK at the moment. There's literally no surprise that this has happened at all.
No it's not. so yes you are justifying it you horrible racist.
Whoa whoa WHOOOOA! Hold on there!

You call jazoni a "horrible racist" for suggesting that high levels of immigration might merely be "an issue"? You're saying Jazoli justified her uncouth outburst just because there may be something worth looking at on the basis of this issue?

Do you realise what you are saying?

This is thought-crime!

This is censorship of the worst order!

When did the issue of immigration become a form of blasphemy?
It hasn't, but it's only a problem in the eyes of a daily mail reading limited world view racist. since most of the shitty low paying jobs in the uk get filled by immigrants because NO ONE ELSE WILL DO THEM.

the immigration as a blight on the nation just isn't there, they don't get treated well, they don't live fat off the state and the people the believe they do want some one to blame for all their woes.
I hope you recognise the Daily Mail has a right to say what they say without being branded racists.

Racism: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

That does NOT include merely suggesting that immigration policies might be an issue worth reconsidering, as Jazoni did there. Don't make a straw man argument including every racist excess and fallacy just because they dare to challenge the status quo on an issue that happens to include an aspect of race. But not hugely, Polish people are largely White Europeans, how is this a race issue?

As a society we MUST be able to approach the issue of immigration without accusations of racism.

Dec 14, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
It's not just work opportunities (as immigrants are cheap labour), it's everything, and to make matters worst these modern day immigrants (Polish, Pakistani whatever) don't respect our culture, and the way we do things over here, and we are suppose to respect their culture when we go to their country...pah. They walk the streets in public in the UK wearing Burkas like it's the middle of Delhi or something, it's not on at all.
Is that really such a bad thing though? Don't get me wrong, I understand the logic perfectly. Why go to a country if you don't want to be part of its culture? The burka is a religious thing though, if I understand it right, would you be just as opposed to seeing an Orthodox Jew from Israel walking down the street?
Quoted the wrong guy pal.

I didn't write that.

Cephei Mordred

Jul 23, 2011
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:

And that's terrible.

What? So people should be targeted and live there life having racial slurs hurled at them just because they were born Black, or White for example? Whoa. What a wonderful place that must be to live in. Good job you can get arrested for it.

Really? What if 5 people on that tram attacked her at the same time, you're telling me that child would of come to no harm?
You seem to mistake me for a man who said that people 'should' be subjected to racist abuse. Read again, carefully.

As for the child, you seem to be suggesting that those being subjected to slurs are of low enough character and impulse control to resort to violence over mere words.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:

And that's terrible.

You seem to mistake me for a man who said that people 'should' be subjected to racist abuse. Read again, carefully.

As for the child, you seem to be suggesting that those being subjected to slurs are of low enough character and impulse control to resort to violence over mere words.
Please enlighten me of what, "Mean, horrible, cruel" things you're referring to, because it's easy to put racial slurs under this.

A lot of people will resort to violence over 'mere'words, go look at the bullying thread for example if you really want one. People are not machines, they will react.

Cephei Mordred

Jul 23, 2011
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:
Cephei Mordred said:
FamoFunk said:

And that's terrible.

Please enlighten me of what, "Mean, horrible, cruel" things you're referring to, because it's easy to put racial slurs under this.

A lot of people will resort to violence over 'mere'words, go look at the bullying thread for example if you really want one. People are not machines, they will react.
Your mistake is in thinking my saying 'shouldn't be illegal' is the same as 'saying mean, horrible, cruel things is right.'

See, my belief is that we shouldn't be locking people up over mere words when there are real criminals who need arresting.

And 'not machines' is a fine excuse for not engaging in perfect impulse control as all human beings are required to.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
The sheer amount of racism, idiocy, bigotry and xenophobia in this thread makes me want to go curl up in a ball somewhere. :p

Usually, I'd launh off into a rant, and quote half a dozen people, telling them that they're idiots, or that they're pathetic human beings, or whatever, but I'm on my phone, so I'll keep this short. :p

A popular conception about the woman in this video - look at the Youtube comments - is that she has the cojones to stand up and say what everyone has been thinking. To those people, I say get your head checked. This woman, this evil hag, is not in any way talking about immigration. She does not mention illegal immigrants, and she does not express discontent with the government. What this woman does is stereotype and generalize in the most utterly hateful way possible. She says that the 'blacks' are ruining the country. She tells them to go back to 'n- nig - niggafrica'. When confronted with a black woman who's been British all her life, she denies the woman's right to be a citizen - to her face. Look closely class, because what we have here is nit a hero. What we have is an utterly fucking worthless human being, a prick whose presence makes us all the poorer. Unfortunately, she is also symptomatic of the diseased culture of intolerance and bigotry still so depressingly prevalent in the modern day.

/edit
Shouldn't be illegal though. Kick her off the train, sure, or maybe give her a warning for disturbing the peace, but to actually take her to court? Damn.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:

I didn't write that.
Weird, cause I know I didn't quote you. Hell, the post it links to doesn't even have that text in it. All I did was delete what I didn't need to quote, so I don't really know how it ended up linking to your post. It was all correct when I posted, so I don't have an explanation. I've gone ahead and fixed it, even though the guy I directed the question at won't get a notification now.

Dec 14, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I didn't write that.
Weird, cause I know I didn't quote you. Hell, the post it links to doesn't even have that text in it. All I did was delete what I didn't need to quote, so I don't really know how it ended up linking to your post. It was all correct when I posted, so I don't have an explanation. I've gone ahead and fixed it, even though the guy I directed the question at won't get a notification now.
I blame Kross.

Damn interwebs wires must be crossed.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Treblaine said:
I hope you recognise the Daily Mail has a right to say what they say without being branded racists.

Racism: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

That does NOT include merely suggesting that immigration policies might be an issue worth reconsidering, as Jazoni did there. Don't make a straw man argument including every racist excess and fallacy just because they dare to challenge the status quo on an issue that happens to include an aspect of race. But not hugely, Polish people are largely White Europeans, how is this a race issue?

As a society we MUST be able to approach the issue of immigration without accusations of racism.
The fact that they are treated as some horrible blight because the are not from this particular part of Europe is racism, I'm sure you and your ilk would like to pretend it's some higher debate about "lax" immigration laws, but it's not.

The only way people like wouldn't think it was lax is if everyone not of British birth was ankle tagged at all times if they where allowed in at all.

I find it particularly distasteful in a country that should have such very close ties with the polish, the town I grew up in is host to a massive polish war graves cemetery, most of them where airmen who died defending Britain even after they're own nation had been over run.

You and yours are disgusting bunch of closet racist hiding behind another issue pretending that's all it's about.