RAGE 2 announced trailer - develop by avalanche studio

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016

Gameplay Reveal tommorow

Avalanche is a good choice. they are talented developers and i hope its not going to be boring. avalanche also mean driving mechanic will be better this time around however shooting mechanic will be worse.

also they are going more crazy over the top.

Still lets hope Rage 2 is what Rage 1 should have been.

on a bright it id Software not working on it means that they can now fully working on Doom 2.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Oh, I guess we lost Rage to the LULZ meme Twitch Stream bait crowd. Too bad, as I was looking forward to a copy of Fallout in these in-between Fallout release years, not just Borderlands 4 meets Fortnight.

Ten bucks says the characters can dance in this, and there will be a Battle Royale mode.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Rip Van Rabbit said:
A terrible trailer for the sequel to a shit game. Fitting.
^Exactly this. Did anyone even WANT another Rage? Games not living up to their hype isn?t anything new or exceptional, but Rage?s infraction was downright offensive.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Xprimentyl said:
Rip Van Rabbit said:
^Exactly this. Did anyone even WANT another Rage? Games not living up to their hype isn?t anything new or exceptional, but Rage?s infraction was downright offensive.
RAGE had the potential to get a better sequel, but this trailer ain't helping matters.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Xprimentyl said:
Rip Van Rabbit said:
why not? it has potential and after id software made DOOM. and are now joint development with avalanche. it can be great.

it need another chance.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
B-Cell said:
Xprimentyl said:
Rip Van Rabbit said:
why not? it has potential and after id software made DOOM. and are now joint development with avalanche. it can be great.

it need another chance.
One can make the ?it could be good for ?reasons?? argument about ANY game in production, so that notwithstanding, going off of my limp and lackluster experience with id?s Rage IP, the fact that few games of late are even remotely remarkable and the rational cynic in me being hard-pressed to think a sequel to an already shit game might be the rare exception, I?d have to be dead to be any more indifferent to this game?s existence. But for your sake and the sake of anyone who wanted this to be a thing, *shrug* let?s hope it doesn?t suck?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Xprimentyl said:
B-Cell said:
Xprimentyl said:
Rip Van Rabbit said:

it need another chance.
One can make the ?it could be good for ?reasons?? argument about ANY game in production, so that notwithstanding, going off of my limp and lackluster experience with id?s Rage IP, the fact that few games of late are even remotely remarkable and the rational cynic in me being hard-pressed to think a sequel to an already shit game might be the rare exception, I?d have to be dead to be any more indifferent to this game?s existence. But for your sake and the sake of anyone who wanted this to be a thing, *shrug* let?s hope it doesn?t suck?
so first Hitman game was failure. then Hitman 2 released it was most improved sequel at the time and save the franchise. now series has many games and are successful. if that was the case. IOI should have left Hitman after first game. and should not bother with sequel.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Oh, I guess we lost Rage to the LULZ meme Twitch Stream bait crowd
I blame all this on the likes of Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, and edgy youtube animators like Egoraptor and Harry Patridge.

I mean heck this trailer gave me flashbacks to Dead Island 2's trailer:

This is just dumb...

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
The original RAGE was by no means a bad game, I just never figured it warranted a sequel.

After that trailer though, the sequel might as well not exist to me. What the cringe, Bethesda?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
B-Cell said:
Xprimentyl said:
B-Cell said:
Xprimentyl said:
Rip Van Rabbit said:

it need another chance.
so first Hitman game was failure. then Hitman 2 released it was most improved sequel at the time and save the franchise. now series has many games and are successful. if that was the case. IOI should have left Hitman after first game. and should not bother with sequel.
The very first Hitman (c.2000) was not a failure. It released at a time when video games were far from the mainstream medium we enjoy today and it filled a very niche-y void of brutal stealth violence and was favorably received. It also introduced enough fresh ideas and mechanics to warrant more games like it, hence the sequels and success it has enjoyed since. Rage was just another FPS set in some place brown; outside of some animation gimmicks, it offered nothing in the way of innovation and ultimately didn?t deliver half the experience it claimed it would. The game was two hub towns separated by a pointless, empty desert; you just drove around shooting the mens and watching them fall in different ways, then it ended when most better FPSs would start getting good. Assuming it existed to do more than look pretty, I don?t feel I got my money?s worth from a developer of id?s pedigree.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
CaitSeith said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I got more of a Suicide Squad vibe from it TBH.
I'd say Borderlands.

But anyhow, uh, its a trailer. Its not even a gameplay trailer. It has all the relevance of literally just picking up a random chunk of any youtube trailer as to how the game turns out. How does this even merit a separate thread rather then just being in the thread below this one about the leaked reveals.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Can't say that the studio has a great track record but I guess we'll see what they do with it.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Majestic Manatee said:
MTV is trying to do a Mad Max now?
Yes, that's it. That's what what it reminded me of, but couldn't put my finger on.

Mad Max through the lens of MTV. Not the pretty cool '90s MTV tho, but the lame post '00s MTV.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
...what the fuck did I just watch?

I'd say more, but I think people have said it all already.