RAGE 2 announced trailer - develop by avalanche studio

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016

OMG gameplay looks so amazing. Doom like gameplay in Rage setting of wasteland. going to be full of win. it seem like what Rage 1 should have been.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
B-Cell said:

OMG gameplay looks so amazing. Doom like gameplay in Rage setting of wasteland. going to be full of win. it seem like what Rage 1 should have been.
I do think a wider open world is much more befitting for vehicle combat and gameplay though.

RAGE 1's open world was mostly linear roads where the sides are blocked of by mountain walls.

Here they are taking the Jak 3 approach.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Yeah baby! Rage 2's gameplay looks HOT. Love Avalanche's take on open worlds too, particularly Just Cause 3 and Mad Max. Admittedly though, I feel like I like Max more than I should due to aesthetic bias but it WAS an excellent Mad Max game so...

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
ZombieProof said:
Yeah baby! Rage 2's gameplay looks HOT. Love Avalanche's take on open worlds too, particularly Just Cause 3 and Mad Max. Admittedly though, I feel like I like Max more than I should due to aesthetic bias but it WAS an excellent Mad Max game so...
Avalanche is only doing open world and driving aspect. shooting is done by id software as we can see Doom like gunplay.

this game is going to be full of win. this is what Rage 1 should have been almost decade ago.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
B-Cell said:

Ah well, actual gameplay. See now there is something of some vague substance,

IDK where you get DOOM out of that though. Honestly, it seems like Destiny shooting (and there's what looks like a Titan fist of Havoc jump near the end, as well as the left hand doing the force blast several times).

Granted, beating Borderlands (the other obvious comparison) in shooting should be piss easy for ID, and Bethesda (probably) aren't going to have the obsessive PvP focus that has neutered any semblance of interesting out of Destiny (superpowers or unique weapons) for the most part.

I'm certainly more intrigued now, though I'll wait for something that isn't flash cuts stitched together.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
B-Cell said:
ZombieProof said:
Avalanche is only doing open world and driving aspect. shooting is done by id software as we can see Doom like gunplay.

this game is going to be full of win. this is what Rage 1 should have been almost decade ago.
Are you kidding me? THATS FANTASTIC NEWS. This is easily gonna be a day one for me.

Sep 28, 2016
Chimpzy said:
Mad Max through the lens of MTV. Not the pretty cool '90s MTV tho, but the lame post '00s MTV.
Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana MTV era would be a whole different blue whale altogether. One that would excite a sodden Manatee's interest leagues beyond what we have here.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Nevermind, please delete post.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Well that trailer left of sour taste of cringe and gay in my mouth.

Here's hoping the actual gameplay wash away this very justifiable concern over tone.
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Oh, I guess we lost Rage to the LULZ meme Twitch Stream bait crowd
I blame all this on the likes of Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, and edgy youtube animators like Egoraptor and Harry Patridge.

I mean heck this trailer gave me flashbacks to Dead Island 2's trailer:

This is just dumb...
Yes my sentiments exactly, the trailer kills it. Makes me feel like a bit of an idiot as a member of the audience this game is pandering too. The only good thing to come of it is the slight reminder of "Turbo Kid", which was a fun ride.

OT: I actually enjoyed Rage, more than most people here it seems, but maybe that's because I didn't get caught up in the hype. So when I saw the ridiculous texture scaling, it didn't bother me that much, still thought it looked a combination of awe-tastic and complete bullshit though. Regardless, I had a fun time with it, there were some intense drives and gun fights, it was pretty quickly paced and I did enjoy the world building.

This looks like a combination of Bulletstorm, Borderlands and Mad Max, and could very well be a fun lil romp. The gameplay trailer looks like it still plays similar to the old Rage, with the quicker movement and pace of modern Doom/Wolfenstein, well it is Bethesda after all. But that freakin' teaser man, that's pretty awful. Hope the game is as fun as it looks.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Even better news. The devs announced that RAGE 2 won't have lootboxes!

I'm starting to consider buying this game on release...

Oct 22, 2011
Silentpony said:
Oh, I guess we lost Rage to the LULZ meme Twitch Stream bait crowd. Too bad, as I was looking forward to a copy of Fallout in these in-between Fallout release years, not just Borderlands 4 meets Fortnight.
I'd say it got Watch_Dogs 2 treatment.

But, meh, i remember RAGE being praised for it's core gameplay. If it's "like borderlands, but with better shooting mechanics" i'm willing to give it a shot... after some deals.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I like what avalanche studios do, hopefully this turns out alright. But that initial trailer was not a good trailer. Trailer companies suck most of the time.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Gotta say, the game itself looks like it could be pretty damn awesome, but the marketing is pretty god awful. The tone should be darker even if there?s humor imo, but the story aspect looks like it?ll be silly and throw-away. I get that they?re trying to be more appealing and all ?Look at how cool and edgy we are...pink is the new black bitches fuck yeeeeaaaaah!! *insert spastic yodeling with violent head shake, tongue out and eyes closed*?.

But maybe I?m overreacting and they?ll pull it off somehow. Really though, I still don?t see what some butch punk dude pouring water all over his head and shaking it off in slow motion has to do with anything.

Also, at least it?ll be on Tech 6 most likely, although I?m now a bit more curious about the first Rage again as well for comparison?s sake especially. Maybe I?ll actually give it a try beyond the demo.