RAGE QUIT!!! to the point of smashing your controller, monitor, keyboard, TV etc.

Jun 13, 2011
My girlfriend's brother once got so mad during a game that he walked up to the 360 and punched the power button, causing it to fall over. Their Dark Souls disc didn't work ever again.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
The closest thing I've came to breaking something is just throwing my controller out of my hand to somewhere because MW3 is an extremely frustrating game. Especially with those horrible spawns.

Galen Marek

Dec 5, 2011
2 keyboards. 2 mice. 2 laptop. 1 desk. 1 door. 2 cupboards. 1 monitor. 1 DSi. 1 3DS. 1 FFX. 1 GBA. 1 GBA DBZ game. 1 iPhone 4.
I've kick my PC and knocked it over a few times but it doesn't even have a mark on it and runs flawlessly, I might be getting soft. Also thrown around my first and second iPhones a lot, those things take a real beating. The first one didn't break until it went into a tree.

I admit, the phone is gone because it was annoying me and because my service provided lied to me on the terms of my contract and slapped me with a massive bill. Was not pleased. Thats not really game related but I did rage quit the contract.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I'm not a big rage quitter I do have some intresting times

psyconauts gave up and threw my playstation controller at the wall after being stuck on meat circus for 3 hours

mabinogi (an MMO)because of two dicks spawn killing me 10+ times in a row...

not sure if counts but Im adding this rage force quit was playing SSBB at a brony con.(A bunch of us were taking turns doing subspace) and another player kept dissing all the chars. 'kirby sucks" etc finally I got so mad I yelled at him and kicked him out of the room (to the joy of the others)

tf2 6 on 6 all 5 of my teammates were snipers facepalmed and left

overall I'm not much of a rage quitter I do aviod doing it on muti becuse I think is rude
the rare time I rage quit muti is when I find mutible jerks (whole team is jerks)

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
I've never actually raged, broken anything or hit anything because of a game, I just vent any possible annoyance as...heat, I suppose.

Although I do have a friend who has broken 3 Xbox controllers, a bin, a mouse, and a headset. He's better now that he's grown, he just gets voice angry :D

darron13

Jul 30, 2008
I never have, because I (sadly) do not have an infinite flow of money coming in as to allow me to replace breaking my stuff.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Wizpig... muthafukken Wizpig muthafukkah.

I had a guide, magazine from, open beside me on my couch and I punched it so hard my fist went through, I think this was on day 5 of trying to beat that cheap fucker. I kicked my N64, not hard, but still. Saddest of all was my poor sweet little dog. It got so bad after a while that he could tell, he could actually tell when I was playing that race again. He didn't budge when I played Perfect Dark or Mario 64, Mario Kart, pretty much any game, but as soon as he heard the race starting he flew off the couch and hid in my bedroom for fear of all the shouting and profanity that was sure to follow. Mind you this dog was not afraid of other dogs, of thunder or fireworks, but when I was up against Wizpig he ran like the devil.

When i finally won that race, I'd had it, I was so fed up I never played the game again. Just no interest anymore. I was a Master at WipeoutXL, I played that game daily and could finish first every time. I've finished Bionic Commando Rearmed, and I've complete Ninja Gaiden 2. I've got all 1000GS for Mirror's Edge and the Mile High Club achievement. I even have Grand Pearl Poo-Bah. I know challenging, but fucking Wizpig was a cheating ************.

I can feel my rage building even now. Never been that mad over a game, not even WoW dickery pissed me off this much.

kavikova

Mar 24, 2013
Certainly not my finest moment, but on one of my rare random multiplayer excursions I decided to play some DOTA2. I had some d**kwad follow me around the whole match sniping me. Around the 5th time I got so mad I ripped the cord out of my MX518 and threw it at my monitor. I repaired the mouse, but the monitor was a lost cause...

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
Never broken a piece of equipment because of a game :\
I will admit that I slammed my laptop in anger so hard that it fucked the hard drive to the point where I had to replace it. But that was over something completely unrelated to gaming

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
My worst rage quit came from misunderstanding what the word "format" meant when I played Blazing Dragons for PS1, my memory card was full, I thought "format" meant I could go in and decide what to erase and what not to, nope... all my saves from all my games including my 100+ hour FF7 save gone. I wouldn't call my reaction a rage quit so much as a numb "you just found out your grandma died" kind of moment. I have had quite a bit of issues when my saves didn't work or I overwrote an important save by accident, or saved at a point of no return and doom myself.

I also had a glitch late in the game of GTA: San Andreas, a mission where you had to back up a truck to save this guy jumping off a roof, he would jump instantly before you could even move and the mission would fail EVERY SINGLE TIME... the save was irreparable, I chalked it up to using too many cheat codes but I'm unsure if that's the true reason, I never got back to that point.

In game though? I think perhaps my worst moment was actually in a MMORPG that had always-on PvP with full loot on death called Darkfall Online. I lost entire ships before, I lost bags of high end gear, tons of reagents, but no what made me flip my lid? Hiking out into the middle of nowhere that nobody else ever goes to naked in my skivvies with a pickaxe, mining ore for about 3 hours only to be murdered by a member of my own race with blue (positive) alignment. I think I ragequit for nearly 3 days on that one. Sure I kept my measly skill upgrades but that was 3 hours of time totally wasted and yeah it really pissed me off.

Mass Effect does it to me quite a bit too with it's very infrequent checkpoint saving causing me to have to re-do hours worth of content I already completed just because I forgot to save frequently enough and somehow blew up my Mako.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Luckily, I'm generally pretty calm.
I mean, I do get angry, but not rage quit angry. Shout profainity angry, but not damage stuff angry. Not since I strangled my poor gameboy and created a purple spot in the middle of the screen a long time ago. I still feel bad about it.

I mean walking into a cave in Pokemon Y with 23 great balls, and walking out with 8 because those sun/moon pokemon broke a half dozen each, and only capturing maybe 4-5 pokemon was anger inducing, but nothing got broken.

Hawlucha beating the drek out of my team of 6 pokemon while wild, and lower level was infuriating, but nothing got broken.

Watching a pokemon injured into the red, and asleep break several great balls was a seriosu WTF moment.

I'm by no means a poke'idiot here.

Gamer_152

Mar 3, 2011
Have we all done it? I've never come close to doing that and I don't think I know anyone who has.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I once broke a DS (old school DS) and seperated part of the top screen from the bottom half because I was losing a contest to a goddamn Vileplume again. Still worked.

NWJ94

Feb 21, 2013
No, never broken anything electronic. I usually stop playing long before getting that angry. I have been driven to slamming my clenched fist onto the table a couple of times, but nothing more. Usually I just swear a LOT during frustrating bits. (Watching me fight the Man-Eaters in demon souls was quite the experience in how many different ways I could string expletives to various verbs.)

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I have yet to break anything out of rage, but I have come very close to doing so several times. Really the only reason I haven't is that I know that I'd have to replace anything that I broke and I don't have the money to do that. Anyway, the most recent time I felt like doing that was the last time I played Halo 4. I was having a really bad day on that game. My connection was laggy half the time, me and the guys I was playing with kept getting matched against guys who probably only play Halo all day every day, and the game kept cheating me out of kills. The last match I played in was a Lightning Flag match and it was going terribly. My team was getting it's ass handed to it while we couldn't do almost anything to the other team. I was already seething with anger from the way the matches were going that day so when my Xbox froze on me mid match I nearly chucked my controller into the TV.

imp-caretaker

Feb 28, 2010
I had an episode where I was playing red dead redemption. I had to chase some dude on horseback. but the game kept glitching every time. The horse and my character melted into the ground and got stuck. After trying several times to fix it, by restarting the console and game, I rage quit the game.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
I'm ashamed to admit I've broken things. A controller, a mouse, two keyboards, a remote control and even a screen once. Sometimes over games, sometimes over computers fucking me over in other ways. (YOU DIDN'T SAVE MY HOMEWORK? SERIOUSLY?) I haven't broken anything since I'm an adult though, 5 years and counting so far. I'm managing that little bit of self-control. I try to rage less too, though that is so far less succesful.

*hangs head in shame*

Edit: Welps, sorry. Just saw this was a necro. my bad.