RAGE

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
good comic and i love the pc version it lags a bit from time to time but nothing major

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Hey! I... never mind. I agreed when you showed me the picture. Still, the outside areas look utterly stunning (on console at least)

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Yeah they finally patched the pc version and it runs great on my machine now but god the game is just... I dunno, it feels like so much effort was spent to create so little. My quick and simple opinion is that its a less fun borderlands and I only say that because I really enjoyed borderlands a lot. The shooting is classic Id awesome-sauce but everything else just feels like tacked on nonsense getting in the way of the awesome shooting.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
That was a damn fine octopus drawing. It really did do that thing the guy said it did.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
How did they get killed for walking on the Mutants lawns, when THERE ARE NO FUCKING LAWNS IN RAGE!!!

Just sayin'..... I think the Mutants might be covering something up.

I know! IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY!!

Christ, I think I've broken my caps lock button

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Yeah I was initially extremely mad with RAGE on PC. All kinds of issues, I ended up getting frustrated on that first day and just not playing it after the umpteenth crash. However, I've been keeping abreast with the custom config files and all the other little fixes, and combined with the latest patch, the game is actually running more or less flawlessly for me now and the only thing that still bothers me is the poor texture quality up close - but I just try not to look very hard and then it's all good.

I'm actually really enjoying RAGE. Just did the Dead City and many fun side quests like taking out the shrouded bunker. I'd actually have to say, overlooking the terrible technical issues at launch, this game is probably a good 7.5 or 8 to me. Any game that I look forward to playing more deserves at least that in my opinion.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Love it, Though I thought they were going to mention the texture glitches, still funny as all hell. Any ideas when there gonna fix it?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Probably the most impressive thing I've seen so far is the "statue" in front of the Jackal bandits' canyon. It really does look like something a bunch of psychopaths with a theme, a lot of leftover scrap metal and way too much time on their hands would throw together. The thing I dislike the most about the game is that all this scenery is only viewable one way- the game is one step away from a rail shooter for all its linearity.

I'm also surprised to find that the game only really uses about half of my available power (both CPU and GPU) while running. But, for some reason, attempting to record the game makes it crackle and stutter like an epileptic tinfoil man.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Finally art that makes sense.
"What's it mean?"
"Stay the fuck off my lawn."
Kinda like a post-Apocalypse old man.

I find the idea of the various bandit groups creating art cool, though.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I wonder if ppl knew that this was a console game from the Get go.

ie. Porting From PC to Console Is Doing Things Backwards, Says Rage Dev [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111028-Porting-From-PC-to-Console-Is-Doing-Things-Backwards-Says-Rage-Dev]