Rainbow Six: Siege Debuts With Intensive Competitive Mutliplayer

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Rainbow Six: Siege Debuts With Intensive Competitive Mutliplayer

Rainbow Six: Siege delivers brutal five-on-five multiplayer action.

Read Full Article

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
More heavily scripted Ubishit. What the fuck is wrong with those people? Can't they just demo the actual gameplay without controlling every single aspect of the footage like it's a movie?

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
More heavily scripted Ubishit. What the fuck is wrong with those people? Can't they just demo the actual gameplay without controlling every single aspect of the footage like it's a movie?
Someone's not used to e3 by now.

It's a rip off of swat 4 anyways. Not worth getting pissed about, really.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Yea... I call bullshots up and down this video. I will give the Assassins creed some credit, I actually saw a few animation glitches so it might have been real. But this is heavily scripted. The hostage looking at the camera thing, the dialog (those were actors, not developers I bet), the animations in general. We'll just wait and see how it'll "progress" when they get closer to the release date.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Heavily scripted, I know, but I really like the concept that they're showing.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
erttheking said:
Me too, it's a good change of pace of the usual multiplayer stuff. It feels a lot more subdued, controlled and methodical. I like that over the usual flashy, high-paced stuff we see. I daresay; this feels like a hardcore gaming experience to me.

I'm not understanding the cynicism displayed here. Shouldn't we be happy that these sort of games are considered to be viable again? That they're invested in again, that we're getting some much needed variation? I know I am.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
momijirabbit said:
This isn't how human beings talk.
UBISOFT, THIS ISN'T HOW HUMANS TALK!
I feel like Competitive ARMA players probably do.

satsugaikaze

Feb 26, 2011
Yeah it's staged as hell but there are definitely hardcore sim players out there that absolutely talk like that.

"Pre-alpha" probably means a pre-vis trailer like the original one for Patriots was, but at the very least with an E3 showing it means they're seriously committed to putting this attempt out.

Sep 24, 2008
I want the hype to be real with this one.

I love Rainbow Six, I love SWAT. This type of back and forth is amazing. Enough of these running MTAR spammers who just run in and not act like it's a real life and death scenario. Having people play for their impulsiveness...

Just be good and real. that's all I want.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
erttheking said:
Me too, it's a good change of pace of the usual multiplayer stuff. It feels a lot more subdued, controlled and methodical. I like that over the usual flashy, high-paced stuff we see. I daresay; this feels like a hardcore gaming experience to me.

I'm not understanding the cynicism displayed here. Shouldn't we be happy that these sort of games are considered to be viable again? That they're invested in again, that we're getting some much needed variation? I know I am.
Jesus Christ. That is not how multiplayer matches will look like. This is not a tactical and methodical game. It was scripted to look like it is. Every player in that trailer obviously followed a strictly choreographed route. They even missed obvious headshot opportunities for cinematic effect. You could do this same crap with Counter Strike and the only reason why it wouldn't look as impressive is the graphics. Make no mistake, anyone could have finished that round in less than 2 minutes.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Korten12 said:
momijirabbit said:
This isn't how human beings talk.
UBISOFT, THIS ISN'T HOW HUMANS TALK!
They REALLY do (a very fun video if anyone is interested in seeing this sort of talk in an Arma game, its closer in the parts that they are in combat, either way these guys are rather casual in their talking comparing to other groups)

Either way I will say what I already said in another thread:

"In regards to Rainbow Six it seemed very fake since a lot of the animations looked incredibly smooth and inconsistent, like the other Rainbow player had like a two second animation that started 3 feet away from the hostage to pick her up while when the player picked her up it was almost instant. Its as if the others were pre animated characters. Also the looking around looked like it was from a controller but the key binds were all from a PC.

Either way, it certainly wont look like that (Ubisoft and their bullshots, heh) and it certainly wont have players playing it like that (they really need to stop that trend that they started with The Division) but just having them using that as their goal for the kind of game they are trying to sell is enough for me. They havent made a game that did try to have a heavy focus on tactics (even if it goes balls arcade in the firefights) for a long time. The point of entry choice alone shows some effort and this was just an online match, maybe in single player we can be able to do the planning like in Raven Shield.

I at least hope that the game has single player but we will see. The focus on a dynamic enviorment (covering places and destroing others) seems to be something that was obviously a big focus on the game so even if it isnt as polished I bet it will still be very present in the gameplay.

Shit, I wanted Rainbow Six that was at least better Lockdown and this seemed to be that and even better then Vegas (I liked Vegas) so yeah, Im hyped"

EDIT: Also, they already confirmed that it would have singleplayer and coop, so even if its just like the multiplayer modes with bots you can achieve the slower pace combat that was present in past games (and what made the single player of the old games incredibly good was that there really wasnt a story to it, just situations like saving hostages, defusing bombs or killing the criminals). So yeah, fucking hyped.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
So, this is the next Rainbow Six game? Whatever happened to Patriots or whatever it was called?

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
For those who are complaining it's scripted: No duh. If you're showing off a vertical slice demo, you're going to goddamn script it. Now, if this is what an actual map and mechanics looks like, I'm interested.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Adam Jensen said:
Cowabungaa said:
erttheking said:

Jesus Christ. That is not how multiplayer matches will look like. This is not a tactical and methodical game. It was scripted to look like it is. Every player in that trailer obviously followed a strictly choreographed route. They even missed obvious headshot opportunities for cinematic effect. You could do this same crap with Counter Strike and the only reason why it wouldn't look as impressive is the graphics. Make no mistake, anyone could have finished that round in less than 2 minutes.
Dude, relax. We're not stupid. We've played multiplayer games, we know what they look like. We're just saying we really like the concept.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
josemlopes said:
but just having them using that as their goal for the kind of game they are trying to sell is enough for me. They havent made a game that did try to have a heavy focus on tactics (even if it goes balls arcade in the firefights) for a long time. The point of entry choice alone shows some effort and this was just an online match, maybe in single player we can be able to do the planning like in Raven Shield.
Yes this. Hardly anything gets made anymore that even offers the kind of options displayed in the trailer. I know it was all bullshit but if those mechanics are present and available to use then I'm just happy with the direction they're taking.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
soren7550 said:
So, this is the next Rainbow Six game? Whatever happened to Patriots or whatever it was called?
Cancelled in favour of this crap.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5792660/rainbow-six-patriots-canceled-replaced-by-rainbow-six-siege
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/06/09/rainbow-six-patriots-cancelled/
http://business.financialpost.com/2014/06/09/rainbow-six-siege-annouced-by-ubisoft-rainbow-six-patriots-cancelled/?__lsa=6df8-8a18

Also, Ubi, it's okay when Duke Nukem does it because it suits his character and style of parody, but you can't just exchange the flag with a semi-inanimate woman in a game of capture the flag. Poor taste.

In other news, Far Cry 4 looks simply phenomenal, here's some gameplay of Ajay liberating a fortress.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yzgc1_far-cry-4-e3-2014-world-gameplay-walkthrough-premiere_videogames&autoPlay=0

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
That fake banter is hilariously bad.

Korten12 said:
From what I played of Arma with groups, there was a lot more "Oh shit what are we doing".

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
antigodoflife said:
Also, Ubi, it's okay when Duke Nukem does it because it suits his character, but you can't just exchange the flag with a semi-inanimate woman in a game of capture the flag. Poor taste.
Dude, its a hostage, in here it was one woman, very likely in other levels its other people. Would it be poor taste if it was a man or a child? It had to be someone.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Essentially a machinima? Yes. But imagine LAN parties or clan matches. This could be really, really cool. Consider me interested.