Rainbow Six Siege Open Beta Delayed

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Rainbow Six Siege Open Beta Delayed

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1008/1008766.jpg

"We apologize for the delay and can assure you this is our top priority."

Ubisoft has announced that the open beta for Rainbow Six Siege will be delayed [http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1337222-Rainbow-Six-Siege-Open-Beta-Status?p=11165518#post11165518] due to issues with matchmaking times and disconnection across all platforms. The game's open beta was supposed to begin today. The post states that the game will remain in closed beta "until a later time," although no specific time frame was given.

"We're currently seeing issues with matchmaking times and disconnection on all platforms. As such we're postponing the Open Beta until a later time and keeping the game under Closed Beta status. We apologize for the delay and can assure you this is our top priority. We will keep everyone updated regularly as we continue to deploy improvements."

The announcement was made via will not be usable [http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1337222-Rainbow-Six-Siege-Open-Beta-Status?p=11165518#post11165518] throughout the open beta.

Rainbow Six Siege releases on December 1.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Wait, I got open beta and closed beta status. So...can I play the game?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Isn't the whole point of a beta to release with enough time to fix any issues recorded during the beta?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I did wonder why it told me it was an open beta but denied me everything, including knowledge and happiness. And a girlfriend. Damn you ubi! Ubiyou!!
Oh hey, it releases the same day as a certain sandbox game that is the third in the series and rhymes with "Lust whore's pee!" Sorry, Ubi, i got to lay my money on the title that won't depend on servers that get shut down after a couple of years, thus rendering it useless. Toilet paper probably has a longer bio-degrading life expectancy.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Bat Vader said:
Isn't the whole point of a beta to release with enough time to fix any issues recorded during the beta?
What are you talking about? Betas need to be extremely polished and highly representative of the final game. At least nowadays it has to. Same with alphas, or even pre-alphas must not have the game crash on occasion.

Fuck.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Aerosteam said:
Bat Vader said:
What are you talking about? Betas need to be extremely polished and highly representative of the final game. At least nowadays it has to. Same with alphas, or even pre-alphas must not have the game crash on occasion.

Fuck.
So it isn't really a beta and just early access. Why even call it a beta? As far as I know the whole point of a beta is to bug test and fix said bugs. Most major games these days seem to launch in beta states like AC: Unity, PC version of Arkham Knight, etc.

If you're being sarcastic than I completely missed it. If you're being overly hostile than I see no point in continuing to speak with you.

jayzz911

Nov 9, 2010
Bat Vader said:
Aerosteam said:
Bat Vader said:

Fuck.
So it isn't really a beta and just early access. Why even call it a beta? As far as I know the whole point of a beta is to bug test and fix said bugs. Most major games these days seem to launch in beta states like AC: Unity, PC version of Arkham Knight, etc.

If you're being sarcastic than I completely missed it. If you're being overly hostile than I see no point in continuing to speak with you.
Yeah that was obviously sarcasm and poking fun at the idea that betas are supposed to be finished products and finished products are akin to betas.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Bat Vader said:
Aerosteam said:
Bat Vader said:

Fuck.

Kinda half-sarcasm. I know that shouldn't be the case, but most AAA game companies like to think it is, making the term "alpha" and "beta" lose its original meaning, which I dislike.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
jayzz911 said:
Bat Vader said:
Aerosteam said:
Bat Vader said:

Fuck.

Yeah that was obviously sarcasm and poking fun at the idea that betas are supposed to be finished products and finished products are akin to betas.
Normally I am good at detecting but there I wasn't.