Random BS people say that you get fed up with.

Wraith

Oct 11, 2011
Angelblaze said:
Anything involving the word 'agenda'.
Like seriously.

Every single group that might be trying to do something to positively benefit people who need it like say, gay couples wanting equal fucking rights - obviously an evil fucking secretive agenda that we all need to be terrified about. Sure, sure, whatever they are doing may or may not technically fit under the word 'agenda' but when they (as in people like say FOX 'news') use it as a kind of 'yeah big evil scary plot FEAR IT MURICA, THEY COMIN TO TAKE YER PHREEDOMZ' its irritating.
Clearly, you have no idea of the dark AGENDAS (duhn, duhn,dunh) being held in certain secret clubs.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
When people say "You/they need help", implying they have a mental problem. Usually over something stupidly trivial too.

It makes me sick to be honest. I've been around and suffered at the hands of people with actual mental disabilities and then a prat accuses someone of being mental because maybe they did something they personally don't like.

Funnily enough, those who accuse others of it usually have some kind of mental problem themselves.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
super_mega_ultra said:
Strazdas said:
Those people are sadly the majority, and as you know, majority forms stereotypes.
Yes, they use the fallacy guilt by association to argue against the existence of any kind of difference in quality between things.

Here is George Carlin making a guilt by association in an attempt to disprove the existence of good food:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X08upzdwejg

He is basically saying; "High quality food doesn't exist! High quality food is toasted snail penises and that isn't really good."

Which is the same as saying; "High quality stereos don't exist! High quality stereos are Bose and they all produce bad sound"
so you use a comic, making an obvious joke, as a proof for a fallacy. yeah. okay.
Sure there are plenty of good quality stereos that people use. but when someone comes up and says "look i just bought this great quality audio system" the safe bet is to assume he bought a big boss. BOss is not bad when its used properly, heck, boss is very pleasant to my eats (actually my hearing is a bit difficult as for example high pitch voices would annoy me extremely, but even higher pitch mechanical sound will never will), but thats not the only thing in an audio system...

Angelblaze said:
Just...annoys me. No, women do not always get child custody. Some women don't even want a child. And no offense to guys out there but no. Just no.
so one anecdotical case is used to prove a false point...
nice. WOman are much more likely to get child custody. if everything else is equal, woman will always get it. in fact the only way our courts would give the child to the man is if the woman are extremely uncapable of raising it (jail, bum, drug addict). It does not matter that the child wants to stay with dad and dad has a steady income and can provide, the argument for "mother loves him more" always win in court.

EeveeElectro said:
When people say "You/they need help", implying they have a mental problem. Usually over something stupidly trivial too.

It makes me sick to be honest. I've been around and suffered at the hands of people with actual mental disabilities and then a prat accuses someone of being mental because maybe they did something they personally don't like.

Funnily enough, those who accuse others of it usually have some kind of mental problem themselves.
you are aware that 1 out of 3 people in the world has mental problems, mostly not diagnosed and ignored, right?
Heck, i know i got a couple and noone ever diagnosed me with anything. in fact most people pretend to not see it.
i understand that there are people going around "your mental" to everyone, and thats silly, but many peopel do indeed are mental.

Resonantscythe

Jul 28, 2009
Guffe said:
Resonantscythe said:
Guffe said:
People using the word n00b in the gaming community...
Seriously, because I have one bad game doesn't make me a n00b if I've been playing it for 2 year, geez! -.-
newb= novice N00B=unskilled
Well I'm still on the side that one bad game doesn't make one an unskilled player if we use your description of the word.
Everyone has a bad day or a bad game every ones in a while, unskilled is if you don't get better at a game from play number 5 to 2 years later. Having bad stats in 1 match doesn't make one a noob.
So even with your description I think the noob term is used wrongly a lot in the gaming commnity.
I don't disagree with you on that, just was commenting on the amount of experience. Anyway the people who use those terms deserve to be ignored.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Resonantscythe said:
Guffe said:
Resonantscythe said:
Guffe said:
People using the word n00b in the gaming community...
Seriously, because I have one bad game doesn't make me a n00b if I've been playing it for 2 year, geez! -.-
newb= novice N00B=unskilled
Well I'm still on the side that one bad game doesn't make one an unskilled player if we use your description of the word.
Everyone has a bad day or a bad game every ones in a while, unskilled is if you don't get better at a game from play number 5 to 2 years later. Having bad stats in 1 match doesn't make one a noob.
So even with your description I think the noob term is used wrongly a lot in the gaming commnity.
Anyway the people who use those terms deserve to be ignored.
This is usually my approach too the ones spamming "n00b" in the comments all the time :D
I just turn my game mode on and prove them wrong right there and then instead :p

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Strazdas said:
Besides the point. People have questioned my mental stability because I cosplay for crying out loud. Clearly I can't tell the difference between fiction and reality because I like to have a laugh and dress up sometimes. Same with playing games and watching anime. People like to throw around "You're mental, you need help" without even thinking about what they're accusing someone of.
They're using the same thought pattern of an abusive partner, trying to grind someone down and make them think they're mental.
Just because you don't partake in someone's hobby and find it odd, doesn't make them insane.