Random facts that you will probably never need to know in life

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
bak00777 said:
child of lileth said:
There is only one legal sex position in the state of Pennsylvania.
i am a citizen of Pennslyvania, should i be concerned?
I've never heard of them actually enforcing it, so no, I'd just do whatever still. It's not like they ever come to check and make sure no one is breaking that law. lol

googleit6

May 12, 2010
jimmy509 said:
googleit6 said:
I beleive, apart from humans, dolphins are the only animals that engage in sexual intercourse for fun.
That's right. They're also the only other animals that seem to rape and murder just for shits and giggles.
Huh, really? Well, I guess learning something new is the point of this thread.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
Akalistos said:
The sky isn't really blue. The atmosphere just reflect the color most dominant on the planet. Since the planet is largely made of water and that water is blue, the sky is blue. If we were to add colorant to the water, we could have a sky with the color we choose.
u sure? i thought it was because of blue light's wavelength being the shortest?
Edit: Damn, ninja'd

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
jimmy509 said:
googleit6 said:
I beleive, apart from humans, dolphins are the only animals that engage in sexual intercourse for fun.
That's right. They're also the only other animals that seem to rape and murder just for shits and giggles.
Actually Bonobo Chimps have sex for fun all the time, it's also a way of establishing dominance. Whoever fucks the best is the boss.

And common chimps kill for no reason all the time. Not food, not terriroty, just randomly commit murder and mosey along. Common chimps are actually the most neddlessly violent organisms on the planet besides humans. It's no suprise, they are our closest genetic relatives on the planet.

OT: The reason the groom traditionally stands to the right of the bride during a wedding is so his sword arm can be free. A man's fighting arm was always the right arm because that is how all men were trained. Back in the day, weddings were one of the few occasions when people would gather in large masses. This proved a very tempting occasion to bandits and highwaymen, and usually if a woman was kidnapped it was during a large gathering like a wedding. Because of this, that is also why there is a best man present at the altar, to help the groom defend the bride from would be kidnappers.

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Western Florida was sort of a country at one point... Yeah, i dont think ill ever need that :)

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I know Pi to a ridiculous number. I would recite it, but i'm sure there are poeple who would say "you just looked that up off the internet". Wrong. I fell asleep listening to the Pi song, and now it's burned into my brain.

pi.ytmnd.com

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
If you have 30 people in a room, there's a 50%+ chance that two of those people have the same birthday.

Panamas, which are hats worn in the tropics, can sell for thousands of dollars if they have over 1600 weaves per square inch.
TF2 wiki for the win!

TobintheGnome

Jun 3, 2010
CpnBeef said:
did you know theres actually between 2-5 moons, "Luna" is the most known one whilst a second moon "Cruithne" which is caught at an awkward gravitational pull and follows the earths rotation so it circles the galaxy in a sort of bean shape. the next predicted close sighting of Cruithne will be 2292.
Those aren't moon's, they are NEO's. Near Earth Objects.

sabbat

Apr 29, 2010
Captain Pancake said:
sabbat said:
Captain Pancake said:
Almost anything you learn in school besides the discipline and work ethic.
Discipline and work ethic? What fancy-arse school did you go to?
And what shitty ass school did you go to? When you leave those are the most important things you should have learned, regardless of subject matter.
Evedently, you have never been to a school in Hull.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
sabbat said:
Captain Pancake said:
sabbat said:
Captain Pancake said:
Almost anything you learn in school besides the discipline and work ethic.
Discipline and work ethic? What fancy-arse school did you go to?
And what shitty ass school did you go to? When you leave those are the most important things you should have learned, regardless of subject matter.
Evedently, you have never been to a school in Hull.
Well that explains it.