Rare Disease Creates Elves That Love Everyone

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Elves are always so accepting.

I recall the "accepting" glares of Dunmer in Morrowind as my Nord went about the questlines.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
I've got to say...I'd agree that this post is a little tasteless. I know it probably wasn't put up with ill-intentions, and as someone mentioned above it does bring to light an interesting condition people may not have heard of, the prose could stand a little reworking...

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I believe people with William's Syndrome also have perfect pitch.

Pretty interesting.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Yeah... One of the House episodes - House thought that a polite patient had this disease.

However, WD also causes IQ to drop by 20 points and you gain a perfect pinch.

...And you can't fear of anything, can't get angry, you are basically a walking doormat. Someone could kick you in the head and you'd respond with "Happens" or "No worries". You basically CAN'T be anything but happy.

carpathic said:
I believe people with William's Syndrome also have perfect pitch.

Pretty interesting.
Damn ninjas everywhere.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Do you know if this disease can be transmitted easily through hypodermic needle while the subject is asleep?

Uh, I mean, sounds cool.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
What about Keebler elves? Santa's elves? I'm pretty sure that sort of elf was conjured up long before Tolkien's time, and they are most definitely NOT anti-social. Quite the contrary, in fact. Sort of annoyingly social.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
At first I was like "What?" but then I realized that the article writer completely took the description of Elf the wrong way.

This isn't dark fantasy setting Elf. This is North Pole Santa Claus style Elf.

Every description of Williams Disease(actually, Syndrome) brings about characteristics of the toy makers. Just... gah.

It's like Ogres and Trolls. Which are green?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
OmegaXIII said:
Scrythe said:
I'm normally not one for being politically correct, but aren't they called Sylvan Americans now?
Was that an ENN reference? Props to you my good man if so.
Haha, yeah it was an ENN reference.

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
Lullabye said:
I think we could all use a little WS.
You can keep the mild mental retardation, thanks. Enough of that going around.

Interesting that they would show no racial bias but still show a gender bias. Seems like the gender bias is deeper in the human 'code', if you will, than the racial one.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
[Gavo said:
]Whoa. Next thing we know dwarves won't be hoarding treasure and drinking all of the time.

Meet Thok, the Dwarven Paladin. He's not allowed to drink or party and must tithe all but 10% of his wealth to his church.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I just found this picture searching "Whilliam's syndrome" on google pictures:

Anyone else finds funny ? Ehhh? Eeeeh? ;)