Rare stuff you own

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Nouw said:
I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.
Shit are they rare now? I had everything in Bionicle, lost it all now D:

SilentFlames26

Sep 9, 2011
I have my yellow and green puma shirt signed by the fastest man who ever lived, Usain Bolt.
Also my Animus Edition Assassin's Creed Revelations and my Freedom Edition Assassin's Creed 3

Flack

Brushie Brushie Brushie
Mar 14, 2008
The rarest thing I own would be my custom Spore Statue. In 2008 I entered a competition in the Herald Sun (Australian Newspaper) in which you given a copy of the Spore Creature Creator for free and asked to make and submit your creations. The winner had their creation turned into a lifesize replica by some profesional prop making people (I am not 100% sure but I think it was made by Mothers Art).

I somehow placed first so I won said grand prize.

This creation clocks in at 6' high, and 20kg heavy.

[http://imgur.com/ehED3]

Then I was contacted by EA games and asked if they could use it to promote Spore at the upcomming Egames Expo in Melbourne. Being a huge fan-boy at the time I said yes and was given 3 free games, a staff pass for the duration of the expo, tickets for friends to come, and a interview/presetation on stage with Yug (Mana Bar), Matt and Yahtzee.

[http://imgur.com/rf6Pi]

Pretty good times.

Psymon138

Aug 7, 2009
If I own anything particularly rare its probably fossils. I do have a bird tooth from the late Jurassic, possibly some relative of Archaeopteryx. And an Iguanadon metatarsal on my desk.

Its fun having a palaeontology degree...

Raesvelg

Oct 22, 2008
I've got a few things kicking around of reasonable rarity, I suppose.

A 1st edition/1st printing copy of Game of Thrones. My friend who owns a bookstore ambushed me with it one day telling me I "have to read this book!" I shall hate him for this until the day I die.

A Winchester 1887 10-gauge shotgun. Reasonably low serial number, though it's not a particularly valuable gun despite that. The downside of not being able to accept modern ammunition, I suppose.

One of the few remaining artifacts of my childhood, one of the original Transformers Omega Supreme toys. Actually has all the pieces intact, which isn't all that terribly common, since he had a whole bunch of little bits that typically got lost. No box though; toys were made to be played with when I was a kid, damnit.

A bunch of random stuff too, like some old Soviet currency I've had kicking around since I went there as a kid.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Are those rare
Nouw said:
I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.
Are those rare? I've got a bunch at home, and most of my friends do to, seeing as we grew up with those.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Valuable stuff? Hm. How about a little geography guide to the world from 1759? It even has some hand-scrawled coastlines of New Holland...

Then there's that fifth book in the trilogy of four that features a Bugblatter Beast, scribbled by the late but great Douglas Adams himself. He also signed some microwave cookery book, but that might actually be lost forever.

rob_dog19

Jan 9, 2010
Well I own A CRAPLOAD of the very first Bionicle products. I loved everything about that franchise until they screwed it up right around the point where they all went underwater.

I also own a CD copy of Voicians: The FiXT Remixes (14 of 100) as well as A CD copy of Celldweller's "Cellout EP 01" (36 of 150).

Wouldn't have a clue how much each would be though, I think I'll have to wait a few years before it's worth anything.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Suikoden 1+2 PAL on the PS1.

Final Fantasy 7 PC edition.

Frontier: Elite 2 Amiga /w immaculate box, story books and manuals.

3000pt Slaaneshi WHF daemons army with 120 Juan Diaz 3rd edition daemonettes, 12 of the same edition seekers and 2 converted chariots crewed by converted daemonettes, among other stuff.

I can't think of anything else right now. I'm a hoarder, so I'm sure I could turn up some other stuff, had I the willpower and a good pair of gloves to defend against all these false widows I'm infested with.

CrazT

Sep 19, 2009
um...trying to think. Boxed copies of Golden Sun 1 and 2 with the instructions, boxed copy of Return of the King for PC (the game itself came in a jewel case inside the box), a Double Dragon NES cartridge, a box for the PAL version of Super Mario Kart with an NTSC cartridge inside, working first-release VHS copies of the first Dalek serial, 3 out-of-print videos containing the first 2 seasons of Roger and the Rottentrolls (kids TV show from the 90s, I loved it) and a copy of Cristiano Ronaldo's Footballer of the Year 2008 dinner menu signed by Ronaldo, so...some of that stuff could be considered rare?

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I have some tiny fragments of asteroid, I know that's not exactly a rare thing, but I guess most people don't have bits of asteroid handy.

I guess a couple of my Atari Lynx games might be considered rare, like the Gauntlet3 with all the characters, the Geek, robot etc etc. Terrible game, but most Lynx games were terrible, that's not the point :).

Edit: Almost forgot my Pumkinhead figurine (demon from the movie), that's fairly rare these days, rare, and awesome at the same time. He's currently holding a Jack Sparrow bobbleheads hand in my toilet... shut up, it's adorable.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Griffolion said:
I think in video game terms, The Second Runner is quite rare. I have a copy of that. That's about it though.
Man am I jealous. That goes for about $200 on e-bay, otherwise I'd have a copy too.

Edit: wait, holy shit, the HD remake pulled the bottom out of the market! I can finally afford a copy, almost 10 years later! Bummer for you, but I'm so happy for me XD

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=zone+of+the+enders+2&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Wait what?
I picked up that game for 20 bucks in a local electronics store. Not even half a year ago. Maybe Germans are weird

OT: Also I have old money from all over the word, and my favourite, although not valuable at all, is a a German Banknote from the great depression with an incredible amount of zeros on it.

also I have a limited copy of Empire Earth, including strategy guide and a historybook-thing

Also a Nokia Communicator 9210 and a 9210i, although I have no idea if they are actually worth anything (the 9210 is broken though, the other one is in a very good condition)

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Rare things I owned but sold -
Computer Space - The original first ever arcade machine in fiber-glass yellow.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
Er... Probably the CD versions of the original Sierra Half Life set.

That or my signed Epica album, I don't own any really rare stuff :(

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
N3squ1ck said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Griffolion said:
I think in video game terms, The Second Runner is quite rare. I have a copy of that. That's about it though.
Man am I jealous. That goes for about $200 on e-bay, otherwise I'd have a copy too.

Edit: wait, holy shit, the HD remake pulled the bottom out of the market! I can finally afford a copy, almost 10 years later! Bummer for you, but I'm so happy for me XD

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=zone+of+the+enders+2&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Wait what?
I picked up that game for 20 bucks in a local electronics store. Not even half a year ago. Maybe Germans are weird

OT: Also I have old money from all over the word, and my favourite, although not valuable at all, is a a German Banknote from the great depression with an incredible amount of zeros on it.

also I have a limited copy of Empire Earth, including strategy guide and a historybook-thing

Also a Nokia Communicator 9210 and a 9210i, although I have no idea if they are actually worth anything (the 9210 is broken though, the other one is in a very good condition)
Well, yeah, that's what it was worth on e-bay at one point. Thing is, e-bay /always/ has inflated prices, although usually game stores follow them with games that old. ZoE 2 was one that I'm pretty sure never went over $20 used at Gamestop, but it was next to impossible to find. You pretty much had to ask the clerk which stores had a copy and then make a road trip half way across the state if you wanted to buy one from them.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I have the cutest dog and because he is a mix, you cant reproduce him.
He is my most treasured possession.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
I have a 1rst edition copy of hitch hikers guide to the galaxy...

How ever it's now pretty destroyed -_- i left it on my coffee table with the window open while i was at work and it pissed down with rain the book is pretty tattered now and most likely worthless.

Oh i guess i have the original PS1 Copy of Grandia mint condition i love that game guess thats kind of rare? oh and i got Chrono Trigger and the box etc etc