Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Review

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Aw yeah!
Ratchet & Clank's my jam. So happy this one seems to have turned out good.
Totally getting it.

Oh and welcome to (the rest of?) The Escapist Jim!

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
mjc0961 said:
Yeah, it's just a click, but many other sites don't do this, and I've also yet to see a video review on YouTube or the like that randomly pauses itself halfway through, forcing me to stop for a second and click to make it continue.
Wait, this actually happens? Thank Cthulu I'm a Pub Club member, and have never been exposed to such awfulness.

But sheesh, really? This is a real thing?

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Fortyseven203 said:
Having never really had a chance to play an entry in this franchise previously, it sounds like this is the perfect title to give me the gist of what made it so popular with people. I'll check it out!
Just get the collection first. It's got all of the first trilogy.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
HOORAY! Genuinely elation fills my miserable husk of a person! Hopefully their next generation full title doesn't disappoint. Something I once believed Insomniac incapable of doing. I don't even have a bad word to say about Gladiator. Every single installment was a winner for me right up to All 4 One :(

Fantastic review by the way :)

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Played for about 90 minutes this morning and finished the intro and first planet. This game isn't "half the price, half the length, half the effort". This game is a legit Ratchet and Clank installment. If I didn't know about the length, I would've thought the game was business as always. The Netherworld puzzles are great too, like a faster paced Limbo where you don't die in one hit. Not as tricky as the puzzles in ACIT (maybe they'll ramp up eventually) but still fun. Still funny too. Oh I missed these games.

And to confirm what I said before, you can safely jump to this game without playing All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault. So far not even any mention of Qwark being Galactic President. The Future trilogy is all you'll need. However, the game's controls are very different from the original and Future trilogy, using the Full Frontal Assault control and aiming method (which pretty much means you'll have to aim and strafe as opposed to letting the game target for you). By no means terrible, but it takes some getting used to (I played UYA recently).