Ratchet & Clank Trilogy Coming to Vita in US Tomorrow

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Ratchet & Clank Trilogy Coming to Vita in US Tomorrow

Ratchet & Clank Collection includes the first three PS2 games and will be digital-only.

Sony confirmed on the PlayStation blog yesterday that the US will see an HD release of the Ratchet & Clank trilogy on the Vita tomorrow, July 22.

The trilogy is already on the Vita in Europe and Australia since July 2 and July 9, respectively, but it originally released on the PS3 in 2012. Included in the HD trilogy are the first three PS2 titles, Ratchet & Clank, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal. Idol Minds handled the PS3 rerelease, and Mass Media (Jak and Daxter Collection on PS3 and Vita) handled the Vita version.

There is no physical release for the compilation; the listing on the PlayStation blog indicates that it is a digital-only release. Sony also has not clarified whether it will have cross-buy features like PSN Europe version does. A digital only release is a bit disappointing due to the expenses of PS Vita memory cards. If you're looking to download Ratchet & Clank for your Vita, make sure you have enough space.

[gallery=2880]

A Ratchet & Clank remake is heading to the PS4 with updated gameplay and visuals, and a movie is in the works, according to Sony.

Other titles included in PlayStation's new releases this week include Le Tour de France, Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Forgotten Wars, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, and The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Episode 4.

Source: PlayStation blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/20/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-7222014/]

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Oh, I think I'll...
roseofbattle said:
Ratchet & Clank Collection includes the first three PS2 games and will be digital-only.
Okay, nevermind then.

Seriously Sony, I wouldn't mind getting digital only games on my Vita, if you proprietary memory cards weren't so bullshit. They are overpriced, don't hold that much, and proprietary memory didn't work too well with the PSP, so who thought it'd be a good idea to do it for the Vita as well. People mainly bought the adapters for the PSP to turn micro SD cards into the type of cards the PSP likes. Sad thing is this probably could have fit on one Vita cart as well, that is to say if you would actually let developers use the full memory instead of capping them off at only 4GB. Seriously, the entire reason the Vita is failing is because you're being completely retarded about how to use it. It's the opposite on how Nintendo is in that the Wii U was bombing, but the 3DS was holding strong, only in your case the Vita is bombing and the PS4 is holding strong.

*goes off after another Vita being handled stupidly rant*

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Not pre-ordering this collection after the Jak and Daxter one, was a horrible vita port.

I'll wait and see the review.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
RatherDull said:
64gb memory card master race reporting.

Seriously though, I'm quite concerned about the quality of the port itself. How do we know it'll be good?
According to the reviews, it's actually a very good port, like how the Sly Cooper HD Trilogy was. Which means the only HD collection that is not that good is the Jak and Daxter one.
Also...I wish I had a 64 GB proprietary memory card, but I can't afford one. T^T
Hell, buying a 32GB card for the cheapest price would be on Amazon right now, as it's going for $70... >.>

therandombear said:
Not pre-ordering this collection after the Jak and Daxter one, was a horrible vita port.

I'll wait and see the review.
Apparently it's a good port, unlike the Jak one, at least from the reviews I've been reading.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Got a 32 GB card and my younger brother is going on holiday soon...might get him this as he has played the more recent games and liked them.

Danny Mannanov

Jul 21, 2014
WTF DIGITAL ONLY!?!?!? And here I was hoping they'd throw cross-buy into the PS Vita Cartridge to complete my collection and not destroy the room on my memory card... similar to what someone else above said, digital-only wouldn't be as bad had they cheapened their card prices!! This is outrageous!!! If we don't get a physical release in the US I'm gonna burst a vessel! D:<

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
Aside from the digital only, any of you ever played the original Size Matters?
It was built around hand pain. I can't imagine these ports are going to be any better in that regard.

InvaderTim

Dec 9, 2012
Not digital only? At least here in New Zealand got a physical copy 2 weeks ago.
Now if only they patch all the fatal crashes for the NA release