Rate my song, then post your own.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
7/10 quite good, though there's a disconnect between each part making it feel like it's a few songs put together, the guitar solo doesn't fit, it goes on about a minute or two too long, and the lyrics... well the lyrics sucked...<.<

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
6/10 Not my cup of tea.

I've had this stuck in my head all day, so I figured I'd post it.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
3/10 I didn't like the singer at all and the chorus part was out of place and sounded bad... and finally I hate screamo... it completely misses the point of it's roots in counter culture... it's supposed to be a raw and unbridled expression of anger and hatred but it's been turned into this standardized, commercialized style of singing that just comes off as out of place and whinny... it's devoid of emotion and therefore unpleasant in the strictest sense...<.<

listen to it... this is the last cries of help from a man steeped in depression and on the brink of suicide... it's visceral and impactful on an emotional level... it's screaming but uncontrolled expression of his emotion an feeling... not meant to be "screamo" or "Hardcore" it's just screaming... but with that it holds a lot more weight...<.<

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
Sacman said:
Great song, but it doesn't hold up as well as it did when I first got into that album a couple of years ago. 6/10

By the way, in regards to the depressive nature of the song - you can actually hear Cobain choke back a giggle around the 3:13 mark, pretty sure this track was a bit tongue in cheek, doll steak and all.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
5/10 eh not really my thing... but I liked the beginning...<.<

kind of a shitty recording...<.<

Feb 18, 2009
Ooh, that was sweet. So sunny and cheerful :D. The "shittiness" of the recording only makes the song rougher, just the way I like it. 8/10

Have I posted this before? I'm starting to lose track here.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
Ooh, that was sweet. So sunny and cheerful :D.
Well that is of course disregarding the fact that the lyrics go:

"well there's lots of ways to go, what's the most appealin'
i could tie a rope around my neck and hang from the ceilin'
i could take a bunch of pills til' i'm really gone
i could take a bath with the radio on

i could take a gun, shoot out the back of my head
i cold light a cigarette and take it to bed
yeah that cig in the bed thing sounds pretty good
but i don't wanna burn down the whole damn neighborhood

i like to die
but i gotta know
what's the best
the best way to go"

OT: 8/10 quite good I especially liked the singer who sounded like he eats crushed cement for breakfast...<.<

Not the best performance of this song but I though you'd appreciate the guitar work in the solos and Mike Watt's bass skill more than the traditional solo acoustic version...<.<

Feb 18, 2009
Still don't really care about the singing, but the guitar work is astounding. Almost makes me not care what they sing about. 7/10

I hope you like tango

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
7/10 Liked the music, not so much a fan of the singing.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Dango said:
5/10 Kind of repetitive, and not really my kind of music in the first place.

Sacman said:
Since you don't really like their normal singer...
9/10 now that was awesome it's like the Boredoms knocked up Mudhoney and the resulting offspring kidnapped the guitarist from Black Flag to form a band with...<.<