Rayman Creator Doesn't Like Mario

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
"I used to prefer Ghosts n' Goblins, Heart of Darkness-"

You sir, are awesome. I loved that game as a kid, I wish I could find my copy of it.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
I love Mr. Ancel so whatever he says my mind is filled with wide-eyed wonder. It makes so much sense now when he said the Goemon games were a part of his inspiration.

By the way, you people go out and emulate a damn Goemon game so more than 3 people on this site know what it is.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
why is this big news? I didn't care that much for Mario for the same resons. Well, that and I like sonic more

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Charli said:
Fair do's, Mario and I haven't agreed very much since the Gameboy Era...
Sonic and I parted ways with the death of the Dreamcast... We've only just started peace negotiations again...

Rayman kind of picked up where those two left off and I remember crying from frustration in the ...Pencil land or whatever it was themed around erasers, pencils and art... when I got there I just used to break down. Otherwise Rayman and Crash Bandicoot was what kept me interested in the platformer, it's when it started that dangerous 3D game - Bullshit story - abusive substance that big brother Sonic was self destructing over, that Rayman lost his charm.

But sorry Dude, if Origins is good I'll pick it up later down the line for now, Ubisoft will stay in the naughty chair, if I could pay you for it without paying them that'd be nice.
I am sure you are talking about the bouncy level where EVERYTHING is a bouncy. That single level ruined my childhood as I was unable to get past it.

Even later in life when I was able to pass it using newfound 1337 gamer skillz, you THEN find out (spoiler alert) you have to find EVERY cage to unlock the final area. That ruined my teenage years.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Eh, He has different interests, nothing wrong with that. He even said he prefers a narrative game and mario just... isnt. Besides, its not like he said mario was complete garbage.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
I was never really a fan of Mario, apart from Mario 64 which was fukn awesome. I was always a Sonic and Zelda kid back in the day.Which to me are far better games.So as far as I'm concerned, given the game titles he drops, the man has great taste.