Rayman Legends Doesn't Have Online Play For A Reason

AJ Glasser

Jun 3, 2013
Rayman Legends Doesn't Have Online Play For A Reason

Real life friends bring out the real fun of Rayman.

Read Full Article

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Amazon says the Vita version has Wi-Fi multiplayer, for those so inclined.

While I don't see myself doing too much online over ad-hoc, it's a nice perk for the Vita version I intend to be buying.

Cloake

Sep 26, 2007
That's kind of a backwards attitude. I mean, ideally, I would love to play local multiplayer with my friends, but not all of us live in the same city, state, or country as our friends.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I think it is a good thing! It's the type of game that can really only be appreciated in the same room! It follows the time of Nintendo style games which really do work better when everyone is there... especially as everyone is on the same screen too!

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
It's funny; I was just talking about this kind of thing with my mom. See, she used to be big into games back when the N64 was at its peak, and she wanted to know what system she should look into if she wanted to get back into games. She made it clear that she really wanted to sit down with me and play something together. I had to burst her bubble by pointing out that local multiplayer is kind of dying off these days. Sure, there's still games out there that encourage it, but it seems like some developers are pushing toward a "Sit in the same room as other people? Why?" sort of attitude.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
commasplice said:
Sure, there's still games out there that encourage it, but it seems like some developers are pushing toward a "Sit in the same room as other people? Why?" sort of attitude.
i can totally relate to your mother, and completely agree with the devs' argument! especially considering that people tend to do less and less together, except maybe for sitting somehwere in silence with their friends, maybe even with headphones on, and text via their awesome smartphones xD
you know, much like this:

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Some games dont need online multiplayer, this one isnt one of them.

Its not like it is in an extreme need for online but it certainly wouldnt hurt the game to have that option since it probably wouldnt be that hard to implement.

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
What's that I hear? On the horizon it's excited shouts and laughter. How foreign it seems now. All we have had for years is screams and profanity. What is the cause of this? It can't be! Couch Co-op has returned!