Re-Imagine a Game

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
Some sort of Zelda/Minecraft crossover. Minecraft in as much as the gathering and building lifestyle, but set in Hyrule, with towns, NPCs and everything.

You start of en par with regular Minecraft, work your way up, get some contracts from the towns to go smash up the bosses, that unlocks new areas of the map to explore/mine/build. Repeat as necessary.

Hell, X/Minecraft, where X is anything that allows for some sort of boss system or something that isn't going to be too repetitive.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Cooking Mama meets Manhunt.

You find yourself in a gigantic farmyard area surrounded by a tall, electrified chainlink fence topped with barbed wire. There are huge TV screens all over the place, with some crazy Asian woman screaming instructions at you. In order to regain your freedom, you have to traverse the often maze-like barns, cornfields, stables and other facilities while gathering the ingredients for increasingly complex dishes. Which, of course, you then have to cook. If you mess up, the mystery woman will show up and cook YOU.

After a few easy, vegetarian recepies, you have to aquire ingredients that actively fight back. Starting with chickens, you'll soon be up against pigs, cows, a huge bull (BULLFIGHT!), culminating in a quest into the vast, dark forest on the edge of the fenced area where you have to locate and bring down some mysterious creature that nobody, even the woman on the screens, knows anything about - except that it never eats less than four cows a day.

After you have finished all this, however, the woman makes it clear that she won't let you go after all. This is when you decide to confront her. You know she's hiding somewhere on the farm. You need to figure out where, bust in there, and defeat her with the help of the nearly superhuman fighting/cooking skills you have aquired throughout the game. You've cooked every other type of creature on that farm - now, you'll be...

...COOKING MAMA!

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Halo as a Mass Effect style RPG.

Theres so much potential with all the backstory and lore but its limited so much in an FPS

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
-Drifter- said:
For example:

Diablo (the first one) as a survival horror game. You're already wandering around dark crypts, catacombs, caves and the earthly manifestation of Hell, fighting off terrible monsters, and the story [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Diablo] itself is plenty sad and gloomy, so it's not like you'd have to re-work the setting. Even the soundtrack is suitably eerie for the most part, so at the very least you'd have a strong foundation to work from.

[small]Listen to around 2:06-3:58[/small]​

I'm picturing something a bit like Silent Hill, only preferably less clunky (especially combat-wise, given that your character is a warrior and all.) You'd still be able to buy gear and items in town, but money would be fairly scarce since monsters wouldn't just cough up gold and equipment when killed.

Damn, now I really want this game. I can just imagine how terrifying encountering the butcher would be.
I can tell you exactly how it would feel. I know Diablo has a moniker as a super click-fest today, but when it was released... I'm gonna be honest, Diablo was one of the most nerve-wracking games on the market at the time. Keep in mind Diablo was released in 1996 before 3D visuals were at all commonplace or, for that matter, any good so its visuals were pretty damned spooky at the time. It would be years before the first Silent Hill game would be released, though the first Resident Evil came out in 1996 and Alone in the Dark, often considered the forefather of the series, was from all the way back in 1992.

Anyway Diablo was survival horror. And the Butcher, bloody hell the butcher... god I hated finding that guys room. Ahhhh, FRESH MEAT!

Diablo nerdery aside, I'd love to see a turn-based tactical Mass Effect game, X-Com style. Style would work well with the setting.

PTSpyder

Aug 9, 2008
Take any Jurassic Park game and make it not completely suck. Before you try, I want to wish you luck - many have tried before you and failed!

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
TheBlitz said:
Some sort of Zelda/Minecraft crossover. Minecraft in as much as the gathering and building lifestyle, but set in Hyrule, with towns, NPCs and everything.

You start of en par with regular Minecraft, work your way up, get some contracts from the towns to go smash up the bosses, that unlocks new areas of the map to explore/mine/build. Repeat as necessary.

Hell, X/Minecraft, where X is anything that allows for some sort of boss system or something that isn't going to be too repetitive.
Imagine a fusion of minecraft and shadow of the Colossus

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
Duke Nukem Forever as an FPS with health packs, good run speed, no sprint meter, and the ability to carry 10 weapons at a time. It would be glorious.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
[HEADING=1]SPOREHAMMER 40k[/HEADING]

I have a good one.

Imagine spore as a warhammer 40k simulator.

Combing the galaxy, digging through necron tomb worlds, purging heretics... occasionally tyranid invasions come through and strip planets of life with enormous titan-sized monsters towering above the chittering swarms....

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Gears of War, but instead of playing a space marine you play a small child trapped in the middle of the battle ground. I call it Fears of War.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Portal as a Stealth Game. I think this would be damn awesome, if you could make the portals visible only to you. Shooting up a portal behind a guard, then putting one into a wall and killing him from behind, from 100 meters away... That'd be sweet.
Alternatively, Portal Sandbox game. Whoop!

Hazardlife

Jul 14, 2009
Pacman as a 1st or 3rd-person survival horror.

You wake up in some maze-like underground testing facility, having been dosed with an experimental drug which causes uncontrollable hunger. You explore the maze, eating the small pills you find to supress the hunger, but are being hunted by ferral humanoid creatures, who may or may not be former test subjects.

You have no weapons, and must rely on stealth, but if you eat a large pill, it drives you into some sort of hunger rage in which you can kill the kill the creatures with your bare hands, and eat their flesh to survive.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
PTSpyder said:
Take any Jurassic Park game and make it not completely suck. Before you try, I want to wish you luck - many have tried before you and failed!
I accept your challenge!

Re-do the SNES Jurassic Park as a survival horror with current-gen graphics and increased gore. The game required you to (among other things) go into a dark Raptor's nest and plant explosive charges, pass through multiple T-Rex hunting grounds without being spotted, and purge the ferry of dinos. And yes, ammunition was scarce, at least for the good weapons. Early on, it was hard enough just summoning the courage to venture into the jungle from the semi-safe Visitor's Center... which also had a good number of dinos in it and required you to restore the power in the basement.

Michael Brunson

Jun 4, 2011
mojodamm said:
I'm still hoping for Starcraft as an MMO.

And Dragon Age 2 as an RPG...
I lol'd I'm still laughing

I'd really like to see a reboot of the Resident Evil series as an RPG