Real-Life Heroes In A Half Shell, With Turtle Power

Sep 14, 2009
tkioz said:
Pretty funny, though aren't they a bit young to be into that version of TMNT?
psh hell nawh, i got my brothers into it after i got into from my uncle, hell the theme song is my DAMN RINGTONE! that shit is off the hook! god bless the original version of that show.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Pretty cool, the one playing Mikey even got to nunchuck moves right in that one scene (even if it was sped up)

Nostalgia organ thoroughly satiated.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
You know, i have to give that video a Rank S.

Not only did they manage to mimic the intro, they managed to do it in such a horrible way, i couldent help but laugh. These guys need to make more classic cartoon intros like this.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
And I'd still take their remake of TMNT over whatever Uwe Bolle's got in the pipe.
Don't you mean Micheal Bay?

I'll forgive this honest mistake, considering that the only difference between the two is a massive difference in budget.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Scrythe said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
And I'd still take their remake of TMNT over whatever Uwe Bolle's got in the pipe.

I'll forgive this honest mistake, considering that the only difference between the two is a massive difference in budget.
Nope. Bolle. Bay's bad, but he's got nothing on ole Uwe.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Well it was bad, but it was alright for what they had to recreate in the timeframe they had, if that makes any sense to anyone.

Needs more of that kid who knocks down the plate while singing though.
Go to 3 minutes:

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Scrythe said:
Zachary Amaranth said:

Nope. Bolle. Bay's bad, but he's got nothing on ole Uwe.
It's Boll

but I really liked this. It makes me wonder what a high budget version would look like with real actors. Shot for Shot remakes are always fun when you love the original like I love the TMNT sequence.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
tkioz said:
I watched that version of TMNT and I'm 26 and was more or less ideally aged to love the show when it was released if it helps with the context.

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
Mcoffey said:
Heh that was good. Good on them for embracing their lack of budget and making it part of the fun.

EDIT:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Gah, dude! Don't scare me like that man. I was about to freak.
I panicked too. I knew that he was doing Blubberella but I wasn't sure if there was some sort of TMNT thing in the lineup too. I saw a joke somewhere the other day(ENN maybe?) that was talking about him doing In the Name of the King 2 and I hadn't coped with it well enough yet to be ready to handle the idea of him doing TMNT.

When are people going to learn that pretending Boll is going to do something(particularly something beloved from the childhood like TMNT) is not a joke and could cause someone serious duress or even injury. My first thought to respond was that Boll does game movies so he would probably do 'Turtles in Time' and as soon as that idea entered my head I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

droppingpenny

Feb 27, 2010
Mcoffey said:
Heh that was good. Good on them for embracing their lack of budget and making it part of the fun.

EDIT:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Gah, dude! Don't scare me like that man. I was about to freak.
Well you still can do that since he probably just confused Uwe Boll with Michael Bay who is going to make a live Action TMNT movie.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
tkioz said:
Dude, I'm 17 and that's the TMNT that I grew up with.

On topic: Wow nostalgia. That looked awesome, and it must have been a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.