Realisticaly: who would you be?

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
i would be the friendly guy with a quest-line only to reveal my true motives are to screw you over at the end, then killed because that guy never bloody survives ha

Jan 27, 2011
One of the clueless NPCs who offers pointless advice, probably.

I'm not a fighter kinda guy. Unless there's magic that exists, and I have some. THEN, maybe I stand a chance. But otherwise? I'm just gonna sit here on the sidelines and hope I don't die. :p

Verzin

Jan 23, 2012
I would be the guy who gets eaten by something while crying and wetting his pants.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Squall Leonhart. A snarky, condescending, mildly narcisistic, brooding, existential mess of a man seriously in need of love who somehow makes really strong leadership material.

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Fuck being the hero. If I were in a video game, I'd be the keeper of an inn in some RPG land somewhere. Especially one where mana can only be restored either through resting at the inn or an even more expensive item. I'd be set for life!

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I'd be the guy who jumps ship and immideatly joings the evil team as soon as things get inconvienient...

Then I'd probably end up as some scrawny henchman that the protagonist kills... xP

nefrone

Jun 12, 2010
I would be your trusty blacksmith. Making sure you have your arrows and your swords and your ammo. For a very reasonable price of course.

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
You know the guy who Is far to eager to see some Real action in video sames?

Like Jenkins from Mass Effect 1

And then they die In a pretty pathetic manner.........Like Jenkins from mass effect 1?

Well that would be me........Except I wouldn't be eager to see action...........In fact on the way to the first mission, while everyone is chest bumping and Oorahing.

I'd be crying and begging to go home.

Urine stained underwear would also play a significant part......Yeah......Baddass

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I'd be that random solider getting sniped in a shooter's cutscene. Sounds like something that would happen to me; I have bad luck.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Iwata said:
So, as much as we might like to imagine ourselves as the hero or badass villain in a particular game, it's pretty much a fact that the vast majority of us would fall way too short of that ambition.

So, in realistic terms, who would you be in any given video game? From a nameless background dude getting stabbed by a demon, to some merchant or sidekick, or even Kratos if you happen to be Chuck Norris in real-life, who would you be?
Random Traveler, quite possibly a travelling merchant.

I've always imagined what it'd be like to just be able to go anywhere, see all there is to see. Never would I be the heroic badass who charges through monster territory with a big-ass sword, but maybe the guy who sold him the sword in the first place.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
The cynical scientist who tells everyone "I totally saw this coming, you buttmunchers", then yells at the main character to go away.

In the Fallout world, that'd probably I'd be a Brotherhood of Steel scholar. In the Elder Scrolls series, that one mage who's really good at destruction and illusion but refuses to teach you anything. In every other game, the asshole who nobody likes and ends up dying first.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Due to mental illness and a small case of paranoia, I would be the guy living in a shack in the middle of the forest.
Doubtfully helpful with computer axe-hacking.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I'd definitely be some kind of strange hermit-like merchant character in a hard-to-find location far away from anything resembling society. I'd sell books of arcane knowledge that allow the character to proceed in the story... for a price.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Saviordd1 said:

I'd be the guy on the left.

No not Shepard

Farther left.
That is the best shepard ever.

Well, I'm a writer, so I'd be Alan wake, because he's a writer, and I'm a writer, and I write.

Did I tell you I'm a writer?

Though, to be honest, I'm probably more Barry Wheeler.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
When your badass awesome marine is walking through an office complex that was (or currently is) the stage for a fierce gun battle and you pass by an empty desk, I'd be the person that was sitting at the deck crunching the numbers before things all went to pot.

Hopefully, I'd have just ran off somewhere safe as opposed to having copped it (which would be more likely admittedly). If I'm lucky, I may get to point the hero in the direction of the local resistance at some point.