Realtime Pokemon?

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Well, I'll just respond to the "making a real time Pokemon" thing.

I'd play that. I imagine a Pokemon MMO where you make your own trainer, catch whatever Pokemon you like (No legendaries, except maybe in Boss battles) and everyone tries to get into the Pokemon League. Then you can have expansions for Johto and the other regions. Or! You can choose what region to start in and, of course, you can have different starter Pokemon and the sort. Or! You can even choose to be a breeder instead of a Pokemon Master and stuff.

Creating guilds and teams and the sort would make sense. The show features a small group of kids all going after different goals. In fact, the MMO would be a LOT like the show. And then the show would also serve as a literal advertisement for that specific game instead of being about a kid doing things that you hardly do in the game.

I used to like Pokemon before they started releasing a bunch of sequels that were essentially the same as the games I played when I was a kid. But I wouldn't mind trying out a Pokemon MMO. It doesn't have to come out on PC; the WiiU has the power to play onli--

You know what? Never mind that.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I had an idea for a team-based Pokemon game with real time battles possibly objective based. There'd be six Pokemon to a team effectively representing a trainer's team except this is a different way of battling. It would be important that your teammates picked varied Pokemon that covered a variety of types. There's a lot of possibilities. The gamemodes would be standard fare, Capture the Flag, TDM etc. and one called Destroy the Legendary a juggernaut mode where one guy spawns as a legendary and the rest of the Pokemon have to take him down.

They sort of tried this out with Pokemon Rumble Blast which was OK but pretty simple. Not much more than a casual time waster.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Saying Pokemon running out of steam is like saying Apple is running out of money

I wouldn't mind a real time 3d game though, it'd have to be properly oriented

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Oh hell yes. I've been waiting for a pokemon game like that for as long as I can remember. You don't want to know the things I'd do to get a pokemon game with a massive 3D world, and real-time combat, that's based more on skill and strategy, than just getting your pokemon to a high level and relying on type advantages.

Unfortunately, Nintendo still won't listen to me, no matter how much money I fling at my computer screen.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Since I was a little kid I had a strange and crazy idea: Think a Pokemon RPG, you know, where you'd have a pokemon trainer that you'd create from the ground up that you would control in an overworld. Random encounters would be visible from the overworld: pokemon spawn as wildlife of sorts, inhabiting the overworld gamespace. When you engage in battle with one of these pokemon, you cast your pokemon, but instead of telling it to do attacks, you would actually control the Pokemon itself in the fight and it would function similar to a 1-on-1 brawler. As you fight more your abilities and pokemon level up and become stronger until they have a chance to evolve, much like the current pokemon games. I'd be a tough customer in terms of animation but it would give a real punch to the battles occurring onscreen.