Rebecca Black's new single.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:
Still not as much of a cancer to music as Design the Skyline is.
Oh god...anything besides Design the Skyline is good.

For those of you who don't know who they are, here's the abortion that is Design the Skyline:

OT: Her new song is still bad, but it's good compared to Friday.
My god... is that supposed to be... music???

LoFr3Eq

Oct 15, 2008
rhizhim said:
Woodsey said:
1)because of the same force that drives people to see Zombie Strippers, hobgoblins, robogeisha and alien apocalypse. the dark side of shitty it good.
You Forgot Troll 2. And to a lesser extent Battlefield Earth.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Scoffy89 said:
Why is she still around? You would think that after the dire results of her "song" Friday, everyone would have agreed that this was a mistake and let it be forgotten by everyone. I had until now. Who thought this was a good idea?
Dire results? It made millions and millions of dollars and was one of the most economically successful tracks of the year.

edit: Woops, looks like thousands instead of millions! My mistake.

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
To quote a suave dialogue of Michael Thornton's from Alpha Protocol in regards to Rebecca Black's singles "There's more of you?"

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
oh god my ears...

The problem isnt that the song is bad... it is that SHE Can't sing. they just autotune her voice in to notes of the song. It just sounds horrible and unsettling because no ones voice naturally sounds like what hers sounds like. thats why you will always get near universal disdain for the song...

Feb 28, 2008
This is actually not that bad... better than some of the other manufactured pop shite out there at the moment. All the best to the girl - she's obviously getting better at what she does, and as long as anyone does that I'll support them.

Feb 19, 2010
It's not as bad as Friday, but it still Horrendous, & drives me to suicide.
I'll stay with Rammenstein thank you very much.
Her voice has no depth, the lyrics are vulgar, and they way she sings it, i can't even tell what she is saying:

blah,blah,blah,blah,blah MAH MOMENT,MAH MOMENT! bla,blarg,blarg etc..

Still no faith in the music industry, and I still we should ban all singers under the age of 18.
To quote Mr.Yahtze Croshaw:

Honestly, Fuck the future.

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
Bags159 said:
Why do we all give her so much attention? Kind of playing into their hands when you link their youtube videos to all of your friends and go, "HAHAH SHE'S SO DUMB AND BAD".
That's the most ridiculous thing, yeah. For the love of the Hive Mind, people, stop paying attention to her, you're just giving her more money.

theseworlds

Oct 26, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:

For those of you who don't know who they are, here's the abortion that is Design the Skyline:

If they hadn't tried to squeeze as many different songs into one, that would have been half decent... maybe... if they were lucky... or at least listenable... maybe... if they were lucky... :\

OT: Her new song wasn't too bad. Million times better than Friday. Still wouldn't choose to listen to it again though.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
SillyBear said:
Scoffy89 said:
Why is she still around? You would think that after the dire results of her "song" Friday, everyone would have agreed that this was a mistake and let it be forgotten by everyone. I had until now. Who thought this was a good idea?
Dire results? It made millions and millions of dollars and was one of the most economically successful tracks of the year.
millions? it made roughly 40 thousand dollars. while thats more then the $2,000 upfront price she paid for the song, that is hardly millions.

further more, the song itself has near universal dislike, with over 83% negative ratings across the board. Its popularity is purely because of the 'uncanny valley' effect ontop of the song being (from a psychological stand point) perfectly composed to stick in your head. Like a train wreck, you don't want to watch but you just can't look away.

to this ends it has been used as a means of social torture amongst friends and forum goers.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
It's okay. Certainly not as bad as Friday or as lots of other bad songs I've heard before.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Pyro Paul said:
SillyBear said:
Scoffy89 said:
millions? it made roughly 40 thousand dollars. while thats more then the $2,000 upfront price she paid for the song, that is hardly millions.

further more, the song itself has near universal dislike, with over 83% negative ratings across the board. Its popularity is purely because of the 'uncanny valley' effect ontop of the song being (from a psychological stand point) perfectly composed to stick in your head. Like a train wreck, you don't want to watch but you just can't look away.

to this ends it has been used as a means of social torture amongst friends and forum goers.
Oh, my mistake. I honestly thought it made millions. Anyway, I still wouldn't call it dire results, it was one of the most talked about things in Western society for about a month. You know what they say, all publicity is good publicity.

And I think you're being way too dramatic about the whole thing. It's a pretty far stretch to call it torture considering you can just not click on the link. The haters are the ones that made this song so damn popular. If they just ignored it I doubt we would have even heard of it.

I don't even know why you and so many other people are being so melodramatic and ridiculous about it all. It hardly matters.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:

Please tell me that the Design the skyline thing is a joke. The song is absolutely terrible. You should see the comments. Judging by how many dislikes there are you would expect a lot of bad comments, but all the comments I read seem a bit.... sycophantic, I don't know, though that could just be me.

As for Rebecca Black's new song, while an improvement on Friday (but then again getting teeth pulled without anaesthetic is better than Friday) still isn't that great.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:

This is either a very funny joke, or a very funny not-joke.

The Cor

Jun 21, 2011
Kenbo Slice said:
CarrionRoc said:

I don't understand why allow such aids of music to even exist, every time I hear something awful like this, Rebecca Black, Justin Bieber and a lot of the mainstream hip-hop artists I think this:
KILL IT WITH FIRE!