Rebecca Mayes Muses: Love Song for Yahtzee

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
Orange_Clockwork said:
Boatload of loose ends. It's like your torn between kissing and killing Yahtzee
... and thus completes the circle of life. Or something.

I don't normally like RMM, but this one was quite funny :)

RedFox042

May 25, 2009
The Austin said:
Wait?

What?

Was that a love song or a hate song?
I don;t know. I watched about 20-30 seconds before I decided that I liked having ears.

however I have never really been a fan of her work.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Yahtzee is a game critic- it's his job to criticize... there are plenty of other people out there who only talk about the good qualities of something.

Miss Mayes is a musical critic, and just did an awesome job. :D

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
I wasn't impressed. Poor quality video with shoddy editing, mediocre lyrics. Uninspiring, a bit like Yahtzee's weaker works. The difference is that Yahtzee has good works...

InterAirplay said:
It seems that 90% of the time, the people who genuinely hate Yahtzee are, to put it bluntly, cretins who take his more puerile jokes far too seriously, while failing to pay attention to any of his serious points, and as a result think he's just some foulmouthed dickhead.

There's almost always some sort of comic construct going on with him, which he wheels out alongside his serious critic persona. And while I personally like this, I would say he's kind of trying to have his cake and eat it too.

The result of this is that he's very easily misunderstood. And people may say his humor is simply stupid offensive jokes dressed up in some vaguely ironic package, and I would respond by saying that there's simply another level to his jokes that's going right over their heads, because they're too busy acting offended to really pay attention to the guy. Most of the humor and meanings he's trying to get across are a bit more subtle than his detractors seem to think, but they tend to listen to him make, say, a misogynist joke, respond "THATS NOT FUNNY ITS JUST DICKHEAD MISOGYNY" and completely miss not only what's genuinely funny about it, but the fact he's also condemning misogyny.

Equally bad are those retarded Yahtzee fanboys who run round quoting him, hating games they've never played, copying him (despite him advocating independent thought) and generally acting like dicks because they think that sort of behavior is funny.
Exceptionally well put.

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
JustaGigolo said:
Makes me wonder why she's still on this site.

Anyone miss the good ol' days of De-Rez and Unforgotten Realms yet?
You mean sloppy WoW references and a plot that made no sense.

As for Rebecca, exactly completely totally perfect. I didn't think there was a way to write a love-song to Yahtzee, but you did it. You do not just pour out love at him, you belittle him, it seems like you became the Yin to his Yang.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
JustaGigolo said:
Makes me wonder why she's still on this site.

Anyone miss the good ol' days of De-Rez and Unforgotten Realms yet?
Because it's an even remotely imaginative addition to video game culture?
I don't know about you, but I can only take so much generic pop-culture segue before I fall asleep.
At least a song breaks the monotony. And for the most part, I think Mayes' stuff is rather charming and enjoyable.

[Edit:]

JustaGigolo said:
She's a feminist, she's illogically pissed off at every man.
Never mind, I see someone's a trollin'.

Gulandro

Sep 4, 2009
I just really did'nt get it. I wasn't a love song or anything ... just a thing. I felt you let thy voice out more than usual, my speakers almost danced down from tha table. Too bad I aint do videoreviews (just usual), a drink with a shiny hippy thing like that smile would be fine.

Yahtzee: get that girl for all that is saint to you!

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
Coliumbos said:
Bleugh.

Disgusting. It may be a love song but it seemed more like ass kissing. I may be crying right now but they are tears of pain rather than tears coming from empathy.

As Yahtzee would say 'this shit will not fly'
Your shit will not fly.

You know why?

It's not a love song. It's also not ass kissing.

Watch the video, and you'll realize that.

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
Orange_Clockwork said:
Boatload of loose ends. It's like your torn between kissing and killing Yahtzee
I agree, I've got no clue what she's saying. Does she love Yahtzee? Or does she hate him?

Is this video even serious, or is it just a joke?

And most importantly, does Yahtzee know about this?