Rebecca Mayes Muses: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

WithHisHat

May 27, 2009
Awesome song, any chance there is a cd on the way, or any way I can listen to these songs on the go?

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
esperandote said:
Beautiful... the song too :)

Rebecca+My favorite series=Win

Edit:

I visited her blog, she has a video named The infurous case of Mr Kyle Hyde, or somehitng like that, is that a game or a person? if he's a person then im jealous xD. She appears more in that video than in any other, from begining to end (4 min), and she looks even more adorable and fun <3

Too bad you dont get the attention you deserve here on the escapist, this is the most talented show here.
Taste in music is very personal. I enjoy her music and videos as well, hence the "support" I'm giving her.

The Infurious Case of Mr Kyle Hyde is her song based on the Nintendo DS game, called Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I haven't played it, so I don't know what it's exactly about. Kyle Hyde is the main character though, and there's even a "small" spoiler in there. Apparently ...

... He dies.

Oops.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
mechanixis said:
You have quite the talent, that was lovely. I still get the sense that you're ashamed to be making music about videogames.
See, I don't get that vibe, particularly when there have been some games she clearly loves. (Batman: AA is a good example) What I'm getting is a feeling of "wow, it's really freaking hard to come up with and incorporate visual concepts and that are iconic enough to be obviously related to the game I'm singing about." I mean, coming up with lyrics is bad enough, but when you have to create a video as well? And it can't just be her standing in front of a microphone singing or she'll be booed off the metaphorical Escapist stage? When I consider how difficult that is, compared to what say 'Unskippable' does, the mind boggles.

Another lovely tune, I'll certainly keep coming back every other Friday, Rebecca. Tell the Escapist to give you a raise!

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Joa_Belgium said:
esperandote said:
Beautiful... the song too :)

Rebecca+My favorite series=Win

Edit:

I visited her blog, she has a video named The infurous case of Mr Kyle Hyde, or somehitng like that, is that a game or a person? if he's a person then im jealous xD. She appears more in that video than in any other, from begining to end (4 min), and she looks even more adorable and fun <3

Too bad you dont get the attention you deserve here on the escapist, this is the most talented show here.
Taste in music is very personal. I enjoy her music and videos as well, hence the "support" I'm giving her.

The Infurious Case of Mr Kyle Hyde is her song based on the Nintendo DS game, called Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I haven't played it, so I don't know what it's exactly about. Kyle Hyde is the main character though, and there's even a "small" spoiler in there. Apparently ...

... He dies.

Oops.
Ooh, all right then. Thanks :)

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
solidstatemind said:
See, I don't get that vibe, particularly when there have been some games she clearly loves. (Batman: AA is a good example) What I'm getting is a feeling of "wow, it's really freaking hard to come up with and incorporate visual concepts and that are iconic enough to be obviously related to the game I'm singing about." I mean, coming up with lyrics is bad enough, but when you have to create a video as well? And it can't just be her standing in front of a microphone singing or she'll be booed off the metaphorical Escapist stage? When I consider how difficult that is, compared to what say 'Unskippable' does, the mind boggles.

Another lovely tune, I'll certainly keep coming back every other Friday, Rebecca. Tell the Escapist to give you a raise!
I thought standing in front of a microphone singing was what she does in the videos?

Anyways, I rather enjoyed this one; it helps that I'm genuinely enjoying Shattered Memories.