Rebecca Mayes Muses: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

MpSai

Jun 25, 2008
You could listen to this and not even have to think it's about the game, really nice song.

That being said, how, how, how many times can you rip off Alan Wake, Climax.

Prometherion

Jan 7, 2009
Honestly, I tried to see if these videos got any better but they arent. Would it be wrong to say that if you were a guy then people would be more critical? Just a thought.

sramota

Aug 1, 2009
You're more and more finding your sound. Keep it up and make a bleeding album out of these soon enough so we can start putting you on charts.

AmbrMerlinus

Feb 2, 2009
Very sweet song, and your review makes a good point about the futility of tailoring a game to a human personality type. Too many personality types, no way to make it fit everyone.

Gone

Apr 15, 2009
This was an awesome song, it makes me want to go out and buy the game and play it, now you tell me how many songs do that to you? This is also going straight to my ipod.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Prometherion said:
Honestly, I tried to see if these videos got any better but they arent. Would it be wrong to say that if you were a guy then people would be more critical? Just a thought.
This. Yeah, shes pretty to look at but every one of her songs sounds exactly the same and her voice is average compared to other "you-tube stars". I dont find any memorable pieces in her music, I mean Ill never start humming one of her tunes later in the day for example!

The one saving grace I find is that the videos can sometimes be quite fun to watch. As someone said above though, music tastes obviously differ from person to person but I do feel a large chunk of Rebecca's fan base comes entirely from guys looking at her more than listening to her.

snotvomit

Mar 20, 2009
Fasckira said:
This. Yeah, shes pretty to look at but every one of her songs sounds exactly the same and her voice is average compared to other "you-tube stars". I dont find any memorable pieces in her music, I mean Ill never start humming one of her tunes later in the day for example!

The one saving grace I find is that the videos can sometimes be quite fun to watch. As someone said above though, music tastes obviously differ from person to person but I do feel a large chunk of Rebecca's fan base comes entirely from guys looking at her more than listening to her.
Every one of the songs sounds exactly the same? Either you need to look up the word "exactly" in the dictionary or your brain has some really bad pattern-matching capability.

It's fair enough to be critical of someone's art but statements like that are outright false.

T3hMonk3y

May 28, 2008
HT_Black said:
T3hMonk3y said:
HT_Black said:
Kudos, Ms. Mayes. On the off-chance you're reading this, I'd just like to say that this particular song now holds a special place in my heart just above 'Hank Bodaire's Lament'. The upbeat melody and generally sunny (I hope that makes sense) feeling of the song really make it stay in the mind; and the midly accelerated beat (is that a 5:4?) make it the sort of tune people with ADHD thump out on their desks during work hours.

In short: I liked it. Thank you.
If your talking about 5/4 the time signature then i *think* its in common time not 5/4 time could be wrong however.
That's what I'm talking about-- but it just seems a bit faster than some of the other ones she's done in common time (compare this to, say, Overlord 2 or Arkham Asylum).

Hmm I can see where your coming from but i think its the same time signature as those two just a different tempo.

BattlePope

Aug 2, 2008
Well... I've been to the Escapist numerous times, but I've never actually stumbled upon your work, Rebecca! But kudos nonetheless in making me a fan with a well done video (I know it beats out most videos people have made that are video game relevant for quite some time) and a catchy, if not soulful melody that's definitely appreciated. Well I apologize for rambling like this, but few things nowadays break away the layers of exasperated misanthropy to leave me with any hope for humanity.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Really nice song, catchy and such.
The video was cool, the UFO theme use was inspired & your little dress swaying dancing was simply endearing.
Tops!

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
All your songs can blur into one another and I wouldn't notice. Not saying they are terrible just bland. So perhaps a bit more varity?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I posted this in the usergroup last week, but I guess most people won't see that... so, in the hope of deflecting some of the complaints and questions that'll likely invade this topic in the next 24 hours:

According to Rebecca on Twitter [http://twitter.com/audiogamer/status/9007112822], there's no video this week. The next one is on March 5th. Whether or not The Escapist will put up a repeat or something in its place, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
thecaptainof said:
I posted this in the usergroup last week, but I guess most people won't see that... so, in the hope of deflecting some of the complaints and questions that'll likely invade this topic in the next 24 hours:

According to Rebecca on Twitter [http://twitter.com/audiogamer/status/9007112822], there's no video this week. The next one is on March 5th. Whether or not The Escapist will put up a repeat or something in its place, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Wow that's a lot of time. I guess a repeat isn't very plausible since there aren't that many videos.

Thanks for the info.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
As beautiful as always Miss Mayes // I was confused about the alien costume for a bit but then I see what the ingame creatures looked like and combined with the name of the song it makes sense

-M

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
This was ok, but I don't think Mayes has enough diversity or "catchiness" to really catch on.