Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Machine

Rebecca Mayes

Jul 6, 2009
The Machine

Rebecca builds a marvelous machine to explore retro games.
Be sure to join Rebecca Mayes Muses Facebook Fan Page here [http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebecca-Mayes-Muses/179343599672].

Watch Video

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Did you just decide to through old computer junk together to make that? cos that machine got quite the workout haha

Love it, as always.

[small]You so totally stole the retro idea from your awesome press team[/small]

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Nice music...ahhhhhh.... And Daisy Dog makes an appearance! I gotta get some videos going with me and Halfro Kat. :)

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Oh, wow. I want to hear your album, with a catchy title like that.
And as a fan of both RMM and ZP, I really do hope that you find your song ^-^

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I feel like this one was written because of me... I few weeks ago I had asked if Rebecca was going to write songs about older games and not recent ones. Maybe just coincidence, but still...

Also, Daisy Dog is so cute!

I'll have to see if I can come up with some lyrics for a Yahtzee song that might fit your style...

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Well done and look forward to the album!

Yahtzee?

Some may say you're a sociopath
With the help of your imps on your staff
Making game developers feel your wrath
and using your wit to make us all laugh

Any good? Just a thought is all. Good luck.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
As always, a soothing charm, weaved by a....wait.... did you say a Yahtzee song? Yahtzee!?! How'd that going to work? Apart from having a lot of swearing....And pure hate poured over everything. Apart from Branston pickle, he like's that pickle. And who doesn't?

snotvomit

Mar 20, 2009
Album soon! Yay!

Lovely song and video. Major nostalgia seeing all those old games. Was that Jumpman at one point?

LorChan

Jul 15, 2009
Write Yahtzee a love song about Branston Pickle.

Oh, and continue to be awesome! We love you!
The Epic Win... that's a great name for an album.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
snotvomit said:
Album soon! Yay!

Lovely song and video. Major nostalgia seeing all those old games. Was that Jumpman at one point?
Yeah that was absolutely Jump Man and Q-Bert! Loved the oldies.

TomOfTheCross

Jun 23, 2009
The song was awesome, really something for me to keep in mind for a soundtrack if I'm ever out filming.
But unfortunately in comparison, I felt that the video was very weak.
The footage of the building up and breaking down of the machine was good, also as is some of the pieces when you were out in the trees.
I understand that these are all solo films, on a very limited budget and also you are most likely more a musician than a filmmaker.
But some of the cutaways do seem rather pointless, the dog is cute but holds almost no relavence to the rest of the video. As well as that I felt that the retro game sequences were also quite weak, it seemed more off putting than anything else to have a keyframed in picture of the machine following the game.
But all in all, that's my opinion. I still however love the music and will definately be buying your album once it's released.

robakerson

Feb 19, 2010
Daisy Dog had me at lying down on your pillow in the most painfully cute way possible.

As for writing for ZP, well my first inclination would be to write an ironic bit, telling him to "slow down and take a breath", focusing on bits where you felt he strayed (games you enjoyed which he bashed or something). But, I doubt this could easily be made into an "I adore you" sort of song.