Rebecca Mayes Needs People to ROCK OUT

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
LOL. I can not wait to see the results from this. Something tells me it's going to approach comedy gold.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Aura Guardian said:
Can rock band work? If not, I still have GH2.
I suspect that any of the "rocking out" on any of the "fake plastic instruments" would be accepted ;)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
LOL. I can not wait to see the results from this. Something tells me it's going to approach comedy gold.
Especially if I get my brother involved...

I don't have Guitar Hero, but my younger brother does. I'll send him the link and if he does a video I can enter it with my profile... Should be pretty fun :D

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Valiance said:
What exactly is this rocking out business?

What I mean to ask here is if a video of me standing still 2-hand tapping (and elbow-strumming the first note) a full combo of the intro to TFFAF would be acceptable, or if I should instead screw up solo F of Satch Boogie with the guitar behind my back, or if I should just put expression into a FC of one of the solos in Cliffs of Dover...?

Or if I should just jump around smashing things with my plastic guitar.
That last idea is awesome. hahaha Think of this this way. If you were to say someone was ROCKING OUT, what we would assume they are doing? You can't go wrong with playing the part of a rocker.

Syphonz said:
wouldn't it be kinda out of place with her slow style music?
We aren't sure what she has in store for us, only that it will be great as usual.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Remember, we don't want footage of the actual game, just you tearing it up rocker style!
That kinda makes "you must be playing Guitar Hero, not Rock Band" (from the entry page) a bit redundant, no? Particularly since the Rock Band guitar is a massive load of crap and most serious players use the Guitar Hero controller for both games, it'd be impossible to tell either way.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
thecaptainof said:
Spinwhiz said:
Remember, we don't want footage of the actual game, just you tearing it up rocker style!
That kinda makes "you must be playing Guitar Hero, not Rock Band" (from the entry page) a bit redundant, no? Particularly since the Rock Band guitar is a massive load of crap and most serious players use the Guitar Hero controller for both games, it'd be impossible to tell either way.
Well said and updated. The rule is now "Guitar Hero or DJ Hero type instruments". ROCK ON!

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Just a quick question. Fairly obvious but better to be certain:

Does the video need to be silent or does it need audio?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
infinisynth said:
I wish I... played dumb games like guitar hero :(
Yeah, why don't they ask people to rock to one of HER songs?

Anyway, I only live down the road from Rebecca. If I wanna be in one of her movies, I'll just gate-crash whilst she's filming :D

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Nivag said:
Just a quick question. Fairly obvious but better to be certain:

Does the video need to be silent or does it need audio?
Either will work but how do you jam properly without music? If Rebecca needs to take the music out I'm sure she will.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
This could be alot of fun, now I just need to find some 'friends' to rock out with &of course pick a song that has the raw rock power that I will unleaseh!

-M

TimeCruiserMike

Oct 1, 2009
i don't have any friends .. . but that won't stop me . . . i'll just travel back in time a few times and be the whole band.

also i only have Rock Band controllers . . . will that count against me?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
TimeCruiserMike said:
i don't have any friends .. . but that won't stop me . . . i'll just travel back in time a few times and be the whole band.

also i only have Rock Band controllers . . . will that count against me?
Nope, should be fine.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Ok so let me get this straight... all I have to do is upload a video of myself playing DJ Hero and I have the chance to be in one of her videos, right?

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Screw Gold, this is gonna go Platinum, or Uranium, I like Uranium, maybe Mercury...
The point is it should be better than gold.

Jul 9, 2008
Hah...I just got an image of me and a few friends dressing up as the Fab Four during their rooftop concert and playing Dig a Pony. I mean, this isn't my thing, so I won't, but it was an amusing thought.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Is it limited to one entry? I mean, what if I have Guitar Hero AND DJ Hero and feel that each deserve their own brand of entry?

I understand if I have to cherry pick the best moments for either genre, but that's just gonna be HARD.