Rebellion Engulfs Mass Effect 3

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
i get the impression that the vorcha would at least have fast regeneration and speed, given their adaptive biology and high metabolism, because otherwise that would be a terrible tradeoff for a short lifespan

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
midij19 said:
I love it how no-one seems to care about mass effect anymore. so much rage at the time and now only a latent bad taste in the mouth as it fades into being collectively forgotten.
Funny thing is, if they hadn't fucked up the ending, people would have cared. The IP is dead. It went from being a shining embodiment of this console generation to utter trash in five minutes. I don't think anyone can fuck up a story this bad ever again.

Eric Morales

Dec 6, 2011
All these additional characters and maps are all well and good but the reason the multiplayer gets repetitive to the point of no longer being fun has more to do with the types of enemies you end up fighting.

At this point I'm kind of sick of Reapers, Geth and Cerberus. At this point all the surprise has gone out of the experience. Adding a new enemy faction or two to massacre might help, but that probably takes a lot of work to design and balance properly.

Maybe they could add a mode where you fight all three factions at once, either in alternating waves or even all at once, though the latter might be tricky since I don't know how the AI would interact.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Me and my friend have agreed whenever Cerberus troops throw a smoke grenade, we will run into the middle of it and start screaming down our head sets "EVERY ONE CHOKE AND DIIEE", when we die we will proceed to make gurgle/scream/snarling noises.

Yes we are the annoying squeakers you hate on xbox live

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
And no new game play modes I take it?
It would move away from the canon if they did that. For all practical purposes, the Geth barely qualify as an enemy (well, maybe if you saved the heretics)

Maybe you could add some Hanar because of the "collectors are enkindlers, and the collectors serve the reapers" but you never had to fight Hanar in the single player. You could potentially have some people playing as Reapers or Cerberus, so that players could go against each other.

But if they REALLY wanted to get new gameplay modes, they could put in space combat, or aerial bombardments.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I just don't care anymore.

I sold all 3 games and gave away my comics, it's hard to believe the tacked on multiplayer is getting more post launch support then both previous games. ;_;

CaptOfSerenity

Mar 8, 2011
I still don't see how a bad ending ruins a franchise. The ending basically just sets the universe back. It is a progression, but a progression into...something different. You people are really blowing it out of proportion, and the amount of whining makes me think this is your biggest problem in your lives.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Not that I'm interested, but at least they have a new objective. Oh, and Thessia.

Cerberus, Geth, and Reapers need to stop swooping down. Swooping...is bad.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
midij19 said:
I love it how no-one seems to care about mass effect anymore. so much rage at the time and now only a latent bad taste in the mouth as it fades into being collectively forgotten.
Isn't it nice? It makes replaying the game just a little more enjoyable.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
midij19 said:
Pretty sure Bioware should be absolutely terrified by that outcome. Rage meant people cared about it, ambivalence and apathy boil a whole new kettle of fish. Ultimately, I hope they learn from this and move forward thinking about better ways to do business, but I suspect the arrogance they (and their lackeys in the the games business) showed for so long will be repeated again.

Gomjabbar

Apr 12, 2012
Disapprovingly: What a mistake to make.

But yeah I'm still playing the multiplayer which I found odd considering how annoyed it was with its inclusion in the first place, I guess the continual support with events and dlc has kept me interested. Although really could do with a new enemy, cant think what it would though.

Fudj

May 1, 2008
I am just really hoping that they announce some single player DLC soon, i dont't really go in for multiplayer sections of primarily single player games.

There are so many things they could add with further single player content, but instead we get more multiplayer stuff, just a grumble really but i do hope they announce something soon (and no the extended ending cut doesnt count as it just clarifies and does not add anything new mission/achievement/item's wise).

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
What? No snarky comment about how he should rebel against the ending or something like that. I am truly shocked.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Meh, Ex-Cerberus biotics? Why not volus biotics? I want to play as a BIOTIC GOD.

captcha: lol cat, no captcha, volus aren't cats.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
I just don't care anymore.

I sold all 3 games and gave away my comics, it's hard to believe the tacked on multiplayer is getting more post launch support then both previous games. ;_;
Seriously dude? My mom said I looked "stunned" in the days after I played to the ending (Victoria Day) but I didn't give away my comics and games. The games were amazing, and the original ending drove home the point to people that all good things come to an end. Just like in life, no matter what choices you make, the ending is the same.