Recap - Episode 2: "The Kingsroad"

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Recap - Episode 2: "The Kingsroad"

This week, Ned sets out for King's Landing and Catelyn begins to suspect Bran was pushed.

Read Full Article

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Really happy to see how the series is progressing so far. Fantastic write-up!

Nymeria sinking her teeth into Joffrey... Absolutely worth sacrificing Lady for.

Bloodastral

Sep 3, 2010
That will teach her not to lie to the king. Anyway Daenerys is hawt and remember kids telling fibs kills cute doggies.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Really loving the show.

More so now that I understand what's happening.

Edit: Did the Butcher's kid get killed, or just badly beaten? When he showed up on the Horse he was covered in blood and limp, and the answer from Dog made it hard to understand.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Tdc2182 said:
Really loving the show.

Edit: Did the Butcher's kid get killed, or just badly beaten? When he showed up on the Horse he was covered in blood and limp, and the answer from Dog made it hard to understand.
Killed. Sandor ran him down with his horse, ostensibly because the boy ran away.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Really loving the show.

You very probably can assume him killed. "Beating up" the prince is no fun and games.
While i would have enjoyed it very much if Arya would have cut up the little brat, she can be happy that she didnt do anything. Even a Lords daughter wouldnt get out of that.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
This episode was incredible and has inspired me to go and buy a Song of Ice and Fire. Joffrey is indeed an asshole and I feel so sorry for the butcher's kid. So many innocents died because the people in power are dicks.

NestorES

Apr 2, 2010
Still confused about how Rob & Ned are heading to King's Landing but show up back at Winterfell shortly after that business by the river...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
NestorES said:
Still confused about how Rob & Ned are heading to King's Landing but show up back at Winterfell shortly after that business by the river...
They stopped by an inn apparently, but the set did look similar

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Soviet Heavy said:
NestorES said:
Right, the King's party is not back at Winterfell but at an inn along the way. I could totally see getting confused though - all medieval places look alike.

Greg

Stormpigeon

Nov 22, 2009
This is a paraphrase, but "Jamie taunts Jon Snow about going to the wall and then thanks him a little too profusely. This may be our first indication that Jamie is kind of a dick"

What, pushing a child out of a window because he's having an affair with his sister the Queen not enough?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Soviet Heavy said:
NestorES said:
Right, the King's party is not back at Winterfell but at an inn along the way. I could totally see getting confused though - all medieval places look alike.

Greg
I do think it was a reused set however. The path lined with a stone wall and the overgrown tree, I am dead certain we saw that in the first episode.

House_Vet

Dec 27, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Tdc2182 said:
Really loving the show.

Killed. Sandor ran him down with his horse, ostensibly because the boy ran away.
In the book he almost cuts him in two... Sandor isn't the kindest fella but

his big bro makes him look like a paragon of saintly virtue

AM City Watch

Nov 10, 2010
Wait... so fucking his (married) sister and throwing a ten-year-old boy out a window wasn't an indication that Jaime is kind of a dick?

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
I have to say, watching Tyrion slap Joffrey around was wonderfully cathartic. What a little douchebag.

I'm really liking the series so far. I'd go out and buy the books, were I not already in the middle of The Wise Man's Fear.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
That wasn't Fat Bob that Ned was talking to by the road, that was King Robert. And I think you're thinking of Fat Tom, a member of Ned's guards. I don't think he's shown up in the series, or yet anyway.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Stormpigeon said:
This is a paraphrase, but "Jamie taunts Jon Snow about going to the wall and then thanks him a little too profusely. This may be our first indication that Jamie is kind of a dick"

What, pushing a child out of a window because he's having an affair with his sister the Queen not enough?
I said "may or may not be." It was also quite sarcastic. Jaime has yet to be anything BUT a dick.

mechanixis said:
That wasn't Fat Bob that Ned was talking to by the road, that was King Robert. And I think you're thinking of Fat Tom, a member of Ned's guards. I don't think he's shown up in the series, or yet anyway.
Yes, I know, King Robert Baratheon, who they spent much of Episode 1 calling fat. In my last recap, I refer to him as Fat Bob quite frequently.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
I commend the acting of 'little brat', his acting is truly something else. He has made me hate him and for that I applaud him.