Reccomend me a book

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Ti0k0 said:
That's good to hear, I ordered it 2 days ago :)
Have you read Life of Pi by Yann Martel?
No never even heard of it, guess its in a similar vein? I'll look into it.

But yeah for any myth geeks with a love of dark fantasy American Gods is fantastic.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Ti0k0 said:
Togs said:
Im gonna sound like a broken record but American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

I try my hardest to not fanboy about stuff but that book is definately one of the few things I cant stop myself from doing so with.
That's good to hear, I ordered it 2 days ago :)
Have you read Life of Pi by Yann Martel?
I own it, but I never actaully picked it up. It's probably somewhere in the emss that is my room. I'll look into that.

jkarkov

Mar 12, 2010
Thud! by Terry Pratchett, it's just brilliant, one of the best books I have read.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Slaughterhouse 5 and Catch-22 if you've never read them. For sheer bulk you can't go wrong with the Wheel of Time, it's a pretty decent fantasy and there's like 13 (plus the final in november) books to keep you occupied.

SovietPanda

Jun 5, 2011
Rant by chuck phalanuik. the guy who wrote fight club, its a wild ride all about Rabies, time travel, car crashes and revolution. It can be a bit of an effort to get into the way its written. The whole story is told in disjointed recollections of the people that knew Rant casey. But once you get the feel for it, and start to feel that this could just be the real story of some weird kid from middle america it spins off into wonderful tangents of insanity. Definately worth the effort.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
I recently read Game of Thrones and fricking loved it, so much so, I bought all the sequels immediatly :3

poleboy

May 19, 2008
All Quiet on the Western Front is one of my favorites. It's about a young German who gets suckered into signing up for the army during WW1. Pretty hardcore stuff for its time, quite gory and very depressing.

Rhymer

Jan 25, 2011
Watership Down by Richard Adams

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Best I've ever read. Also, the Dark Tower series already mentioned. Haven't finished it yet, but yeah, it's really good.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Yeah, Alphabetise that list or noone will care enough to read it.

Almost finished world war z tho, actually really good.

Flip-Shying

Jun 22, 2011
How about the DEXTER series by Jeff Lindsay? It's a great set of books and if you have watched the T.V series you will understand why...

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
Now a days I only read historical fiction, so heres two authors who I highly recommend. Simon scarrow and his Roman legion books/Napoleonic era books. Bernard cornwell, anything by him, just take your pick on the sort of era you want. Seriously, if anyone wants to read historical ficion, you can't go wrong with these two guys.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
retyopy said:
So, Escapists, heres the deal: I NEED NEW BOOKS. It's gotten to the point where I'm not even deciding which bokk to read, I'm deciding which book to REread. I'll read... pretty much anything, I suppose, although I do stay mainly within the realm of fiction. I don't mind historical fiction, but I find myself bored by most non-fiction books. But, y'know, whatever floats your boat. Or flies your plane. Or autopilots your UFO. Or types in the coordinates for a teleport. Whatever.

EDIT: Here's a list of all of my books.

The Harry Potter series. The Bartimaeus trilogy. Roar. The House of the Scorpion. Wringer. The boy who couldn't die. Pleasing the Ghost. Birth of a Killer. The cirque du freak series. A Child of Hitler. (That's not litterally about hitler's child, it's written by someone who was in the Nazi youth. Just so you know.) The golden udder. The series of unfortaunate events series. The Spook's Apprentice series. The absolutely true diary of a part time indian. The secrets of the immortal Nicolas flamel series. His Dark Materials series. The chickens are restless. The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness. The Looking Glass Ears series. Nation. Pump ix. Mortal Negines, book 1. The Glister. Merlin's Dragon. For the Win. The H.I.V.E. books. Darkwood. The Throne of Fire. Incarceron and Sapphique. The Pit Dragon Trilogy. Mogworld. Winter's End. Hidden Talents and True Talents. The Secret Country. Game of Thrones. Larklight series. The Thin Executioner. The Road. Dinotopia Lost. The Chronicles of Prydain. Alice in Quantum Land. Little Brother. The Airborn Trilogy. The Hundred Thousand KIngdoms. The Artemis Fowl series. No Pretty Pictures. The Cronus Chronicles. The Robe of Skulls. Fablehaven series. The Faerie Wars series. Graceling. A Short History of Nearly Everything. Triskellion. The Crispin Series. The Edge Chronicles. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series. Discordia. Lord of the Flies. Search. The Demonata. Inkheart series. Havoc. Malice. Nomansland. Dark Life. Savvy and Scumble. AND! The Skulduggery Pleasant series.

I reccomend each and every one of these books.
Read the "Sword of Truth" series, by Terry Goodkind. You'll hear a lot of bad shit about it on the internet and this site especially. Ignore it. It's the single best book series I've ever read, and my list is longer than yours. Just read the first one: "Wizard's First Rule," if you don't like, I will eat my hat.

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
Guess I'll recommend what I'm reading at the minute: Crysis: Legion
Details everything the game forgot to with added emotional weight and humanity, the thoughts of the main character often matching my own.

me.vicky

Jun 23, 2010
Lisey's Story by Stephen King is one of the best books I've read this year, it's surreal/fantasy/horror, and it is WELL worth it!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Personally, I'm starting on the following (literally, I just bought them) Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimain, as well as Jingo and Making Money by Terry Pratchett. Actually, anything by these two is supposed to be really good...