Recomend me some Dubstep...please :)

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Vault101 said:
so Ive just learnt what this "dubstep" thing is, listened to a song and i liked it

because Im lazy I thourght Id try and get other people to find some more for me

EDIT: any particular artists and such would be good too
I've only really gotten attached to one dubstep song so far, and this is it.

My favorite part starts at about 0:58 :3

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
well it's the same with most genres. you have the tacky, generic well known stuff and then the (generally) more creative stuff hidden away.

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
UKF is definitely the easiest place to find it:

Generally speaking if you find a song you like just youtube it with "dubstep remix" attached and you'll find something. Sometimes it's even something good.

:D

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Catchy Slogan said:
Wait a sec that's not dubstep. Did you copy a wrong link or something?

How dare you desecrate this dubstep thread with your house music!

Okay just kidding... I am a big fan of madeon's work (in fact I prefer house over dubstep).

Pretty much the only dubstep I listen to without getting linked to it is stuff like this.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Fishyash said:
I find it difficult to tell the difference sometimes, but that song has a drop and then it turns a little dubstep-y after, admitedly with not as many wubwubwubwuwbuwbuwbs.

:/

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Catchy Slogan said:
Fishyash said:
I find it difficult to tell the difference sometimes, but that song has a drop and then it turns a little dubstep-y after, admitedly with not as many wubwubwubwuwbuwbuwbs.

It's not about the wubwubwubwubwubs ;) I don't think the dubstep track I listed had any wubwubs at least.

The difference between house and dubstep is beat. House is usually around 120 BPM, sometimes slightly slower or faster, with a simple four on the floor beat.

Dubstep has a slightly faster (kinda 130-140 region) BPM with a broken down beat. Shuffles, syncopation/polyrhythms etc.

They can overlap though, so some confusion might be there, but I consider that madeon mashup house because throughout the song there was the four to the floor beat. I don't think instrumentation is the defining feature of dubstep (or quite a few electronica genres).

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Fishyash said:
Catchy Slogan said:
Fishyash said:

It's not about the wubwubwubwubwubs ;) I don't think the dubstep track I listed had any wubwubs at least.

The difference between house and dubstep is beat. House is usually around 120 BPM, sometimes slightly slower or faster, with a simple four on the floor beat.

Dubstep has a slightly faster (kinda 130-140 region) BPM with a broken down beat. Shuffles, syncopation/polyrhythms etc.

They can overlap though, so some confusion might be there, but I consider that madeon mashup house because throughout the song there was the four to the floor beat. I don't think instrumentation is the defining feature of dubstep (or quite a few electronica genres).
Ok thanks, Someone should do a thread outlining all the specifics of different musical sub-genres. There are too many! XD

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
First of all, people who use the term 'brostep' seriously should be disintegrated. Also dont listen to people who try to tell what dubstep is and isnt, and really dont listen to people who tell you to disregard a whole sub genre, heres some stuff

This isnt chill: This is really damn cool: First tune I ever liked, still damn awesome:

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ShakyFiend said:
First of all, people who use the term 'brostep' seriously should be disintegrated. Also dont listen to people who try to tell what dubstep is and isnt, and really dont listen to people who tell you to disregard a whole sub genre, heres some stuff

This isnt chill: This is really damn cool: First tune I ever liked, still damn awesome:
thanks, yeah Im finding that I quite like flux pavilion

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Sure thing bud. I like a bit of easy listening, and this one gets me feeling good every time...AND THEN THE DROP GOES LIKE WOAGJKSBJSAKFBDSKFDJBSFDJ

I'm so tired of all the hatred. If we all stubbornly refused entertaining media on the grounds of other's opinions rather than checking things out for ourselves then culture would cease to exist.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Pegghead said:
Sure thing bud. I like a bit of easy listening, and this one gets me feeling good every time...AND THEN THE DROP GOES LIKE WOAGJKSBJSAKFBDSKFDJBSFDJ

I'm so tired of all the hatred. If we all stubbornly refused entertaining media on the grounds of other's opinions rather than checking things out for ourselves then culture would cease to exist.
hahaha I had to do a double take,as Im listening to it now

got "this is dubsteb 2011" as a starting point (I like to get CD's)

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Vault101 said:
so Ive just learnt what this "dubstep" thing is, listened to a song and i liked it

because Im lazy I thourght Id try and get other people to find some more for me

EDIT: any particular artists and such would be good too
there you go
Hope your a zelda fan

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Get a knife, and stab yourself in the ear a few times. Then punch a dog.
There. That's as pleasant an experience you'll have listening to dubstep.

Magic Murder Bag

Jan 15, 2009
First off, what is brostep? I've been told what I like falls under that, yet a few tracks I've seen recommended in this thread is in my favourites list on youtube. For what it's worth, this is what I like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwBoeBv5cQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD40VXFkusw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKbj6u9hexw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jknlhDgzRDQ&ob=av3n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1yA8quAmI

Sorry, I don't know how to embed. No dogs or ears harmed in the making of this post; if you don't like dubstep, why bother posting in this thread?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Auninteligentname said:
Vault101 said:
Auninteligentname said:
I reccomend this:

And this:

I hope you like 'em.
cool, though Im not quie seeing the connection between the first one and Fallout, not that it matters mind :p
I believe the only connection it has to Fallout, is the spoken lines. Except for that, I don't believe there is any :p
actually....after listening it sounds more like the trailer for District 9, at the start at least