Recomended Bands

MSORPG pl4y3r

Aug 7, 2008
Simple, Any recomended Bands? I found that my "old" music is getting.....well old so I need to ship it all out and restock (exept for a few choice tracks of course). Most of the music I like is stuff like Rock and Metal, but I also like stuff like Gary Numan and White Rose Movement, my tastes are very wide spread so feel free to sugest anything exept Rave or Dance stuff (it all sounds the same to me) Boy/Girl bands (just plain no) and modern pop. Please Sugest somthing cause I'm serios when I say most of my stuff now is getting dull and I listen to music alot, its a necesity, Thank You.

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
What do you mean by old? Like old as in older bands? Or just music that is getting boring? Or both?

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Well then: Edguy, Avantasia, Jorn Lande and Nocturnal Rites. Start there, and if you want more, just ask.

MSORPG pl4y3r

Aug 7, 2008
ChocoCake said:
What do you mean by old? Like old as in older bands? Or just music that is getting boring? Or both?
I mean my stuff just isend "good" anymore you know, been made bland by repitition.

Vires Vox

Oct 16, 2008
Try some Screaming Trees, a a grungy rock band, similar to QOTSA but more psychedelic

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Okay, if you don't like prog-rock, don't look at the following list, because more than half of it will indeed be prog-rock bands.
Yes, Rush, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Blue Öyster Cult, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Emerson lake and Palmer, Genesis (the Peter Gabriel period), Van Halen, Iron Maiden, King Crimson, Kyuss, the Mothers of Invention, Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Uria Heep, the White Stripes, the Who, BB King, Cream and ZZ Top.

RavingLibDem

Dec 20, 2008
gogol bordello for madness, arctic monkeys if you haven't heard them because their lyrics are awesome, muse if you haven't heard them because their just good, K'naan for actually meaningful rap, about things that matter (Somalia if your interested), The Fratellis for lively fast driven guitar music, dirty pretty things for good heavy rock, and finally The Holloways, for jaunty upbeat music :). Wow... didn't realise I was going to reccomend quite so many bands tbh ^^

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Nivag said:
Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Equilibrium.

Join the Folk-Metalers!
Love Equilibrium, You heard their new album?

Listen to The Absence. Melodic death metal at its best.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
HammerFall and Amon Amarth are two I can heartily recommend. Metal for Life!

Edit: Oh yes and Running Wild they fuckin rock hard.

Riicek

Oct 24, 2008
Alleged_Alec said:
Okay, if you don't like prog-rock, don't look at the following list, because more than half of it will indeed be prog-rock bands.
Yes, Rush, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Blue Öyster Cult, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Emerson lake and Palmer, Genesis (the Peter Gabriel period), Van Halen, Iron Maiden, King Crimson, Kyuss, the Mothers of Invention, Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Uria Heep, the White Stripes, the Who, BB King, Cream and ZZ Top.
I have to second pretty much this entire list. You sir, win a cookie. I'll throw in a few more of my favorites too though :
Tool
The Alan Parsons Project
Dream Theater
At The Drive In
Ayreon (Especially The Human Equation)
Blind Melon
Bad Religion
Sigur Ros
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Dredg

I gotta stop before this gets too big. Let me know if you want album suggestions from any of those.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:
Nivag said:
Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Equilibrium.

Join the Folk-Metalers!
Love Equilibrium, You heard their new album?

Listen to The Absence. Melodic death metal at its best.
I haven't heard it yet, I was hoping to get it for christmas but I... didn't. Any good? Lots of people have said it's completely different which is a bit like "oh great". By that I mean I'm not looking forward to a different sound.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
Muse are pretty good if you want something occassionally not as heavy (although they know how to make a noise when they want to.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Linkin Park
Foo Fighters
Nickelback
Staind(not their new album)
Coldplay
Disturbed
Evanesance
Metallica
Guns N Roses

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Alleged_Alec said:
Riicek said:
I have to second pretty much this entire list. You sir, win a cookie. I'll throw in a few more of my favorites too though :
Tool
The Alan Parsons Project
Dream Theater
At The Drive In
Ayreon (Especially The Human Equation)
Blind Melon
Bad Religion
Sigur Ros
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Dredg

I gotta stop before this gets too big. Let me know if you want album suggestions from any of those.
These two men speak truth.