Recommend a drug abuse movie

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
While it's not about abuse, per se, Thirteen deals with both alcohol and other drug use. (Plus it is also really, really good.)

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Well you took the ones I was going to say: Fear and Loathing, Trainspotting, and Requiem for a Dream. A good tv show though is Breaking Bad

Ambi

Oct 9, 2009
The film adaptation of Naked Lunch. I haven't seen it, though. Only just started reading the book.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
Damn, Requiem For A Dream was already mentioned...
I suppose Thirteen is a lesser known one which is also a great movie with other topics revolving around it.
I think Adulthood revolves around some drug abuse too.
Pulp Fiction has a lot of drug use in one of it's story arcs...

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Scarface.

He was so loaded that when he was shot he didn't seem to notice it.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
A Scanner Darkly has already been said, but I suppose it's worth repeating if a joint recommendation gives my ninja and I any more credence. It really is one of the most intriguing movies I've ever seen, and it does have a lot of serious themes about drug abuse while also not coming across as preachy or fear-mongering (that probably has a lot to do with the fact that the author of the original book was himself a drug user). But, of course, you can't put a bunch of druggies in a room together and not have a few funny moments happen, so the movie also has funny moments aplenty, but I won't spoil those for you.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Not really a movie, but a TV-Series that can be reduced to a couple of episodes that focus pretty hard on drug abuse:

House.

You know, Hugh Laurie as a doctor. It really illustrates well how even functional addicts suffer under addiction and how they can slip and take a turn for the worse.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
Uh,Pineapple Express is a REALLY funny and entertaining movie based around weed,check it out,you won't regret it.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Ironic Pirate said:
Reefer Madness!

It even has an MST3K episode!
Reefer Madness is about all I can think of that isn't already on your list. The remake film is actually a remake of a comedic musical from around 2000 which in turn is based on an anti-pot movie from the 30's.