Recommend an Anime

sameesme

Jan 19, 2009
Ok, so I have desperately wanted to watch a good anime but I've been out of the loop and I have no idea what animes are on the scene now that are good. I love adult-oriented stuff (no kiddy crap), and my fav animes include Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, Serial Experiments Lain, and the Hellsing OVAs. Any help guys?

Oh, and on the same topic, I heard about a site that streams every anime show for free? Is this a myth?

McClaud

Nov 2, 2007
Uh, it's not a myth, but why would someone link it right here where it could be reported?

That being said ... Desert Punk.

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
This has been done too many times.

Welcome to the NHK. Best anime ever.
Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv51zeP03L4&feature=PlayList&p=B8A3FC995513A41B&index=0&playnext=1

For the second question: veoh.com and youtube.com stream most animes.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Code Geass. One of the best storylines of any Anime I've ever seen. A lot of action and drama/violence. So it should be perfect.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
garygirod33 said:
Oh, and on the same topic, I heard about a site that streams every anime show for free? Is this a myth?
There is no website that has every anime, but I know quite a few that have a hell of a lot of 'um.

Adfest

Feb 23, 2009
You probably already know about them, but if not:

Trigun <--- Mostly this one.
Cowboy Bebop <--- And this one.
Outlaw Star
Hellsing
Rurouni Kenshin

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
If you want something short but freaking hilarious, Fooly Cooly, or FLCL. <-- same thing

Cowboy Bebop for sure. Samurai 7 is a must. I loved Mahoromatic. Excel Saga is aight. D.Gray Man is pretty badass. I could go on, but I won't.

teh_v

Jun 29, 2008
Neon Genesis of Evangelion and FCLC but you have to watch FLCL dubbed. Also Gurren Langen and Excel saga. OH and for a moive Princess Mononoke and Princess Nausicaa of the wind. Seriously that last one you have to see that last one. SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD

teh_v

Jun 29, 2008
GodsClown said:
If you want something short but freaking hilarious, Fooly Cooly, or FLCL. <-- same thing

Cowboy Bebop for sure. Samurai 7 is a must. I loved Mahoromatic. Excel Saga is aight. D.Gray Man is pretty badass. I could go on, but I won't.
Haha you took two of mine before I could post.

sameesme

Jan 19, 2009
Thanks alot guys, I'll get right on it, lol. OMG, i was without any new anime so long that I actually rewatched the first 91 episodes of Dragonball Z, lol....I know lame. Oh well, it could be worse. COuld have been Poke'mon

teh_v

Jun 29, 2008
garygirod33 said:
Thanks alot guys, I'll get right on it, lol. OMG, i was without any new anime so long that I actually rewatched the first 91 episodes of Dragonball Z, lol....I know lame. Oh well, it could be worse. COuld have been Poke'mon
Friends don't let friends watch Pokemon.

teh_v

Jun 29, 2008
Also if you like mecha anime and you can track it down. Zeta gundam great.

Alex_P

All I really do is threadcrap
Mar 27, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Death Note. Good story, characters, what else could a man ask for?
You could ask for it to end before it jumps the shark or goes into an Eva death spiral. For Death Note, this was around episode 15.

-- Alex