Recommend good Rap/Hip-Hop songs/groups

welker_83

Dec 28, 2012
bliss n eso, 360, hilltop hoods, drapht, seth sentry are all great bands/artists/groups
can any one guess were i live from those bands

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Kid Cudi is pretty great. My Top songs from him:

Ghost!
Up Up and Away:
Pursuit of Happiness:

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
Organized Konfusion is amazing Kool G Rap is another really great mc M.O.P are excellent
Cella Dewals R.A the rugged man Jedi Mind Tricks Celph Titled Brand Nubian Dead Prez

There are just so many more

ungothicdove

Nov 30, 2007
The last year or so I've been getting more into hip-hop and rap. Nas and Biggie are the first two that were my introduction to non-pop rap. Wu-Tang is my current fave, and the members have a lot of good "solo" (they guest on all eachother's work) stuff too. I'm trying to make my way through it, but there's so much. GZA's Liquid Swords, Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Ghostface Killah's Ironman, and Cappadona's The Pillage are all good solo efforts to check out. I really like ealy to mid 90's East Coast rap if you haven't noticed...

Another current favorite is MF DOOM. All caps when you spell the man's name. His MM...Food album is good, plus he's been part of so many collaborations...Madvillian, King Geedorah, JJ DOOM, DANGER DOOM. I'm starting to listen to some Gang Starr as well.

And last but not least, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Dr. Octagon's Dr. Octagonecologyst album. It's a weird, quirky album but I love the beats and his nonsensical sci fi rhymes give me much enjoyment.
SSJBlastoise" post="18.824937.20005348 said:
I'm going to have to agree with the people that have said Bliss N Eso and The Hilltop Hoods. They are a couple of great ausie hip hop groups.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
Putting up People Under the Stairs. Call em underground, call em whatever, but they definitely have a 'golden age of hip hop' sound (to perhaps use the term loosely). What I find magical about them is that their lyrical 'flow' consistently close to the rhythm of their music. Doesn't hurt that the music is pretty damn good too. Keeping your lyrics close in rhythm to your track is such a basic premise of hip hop, but I feel, compared to most music today, that spirit is somewhat lost; good thing that they are still making music this way to this day. Well, here's a sample.

Also, good on WarPenguin for bringing up Aesop Rock. His last album didn't catch me quite like his others did, but I find him one of the most intriguing rap artists out there.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
Damn ninja'd on Pete Rock And CL Smooth.

Oh well, at least it was mentioned. But a group similar to that is Horrorshow. very laid back and jazzy hip-hop. They're Australian, so I don't know how you feel about that but check them out regardless.