Recommend me a 3DS game

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I'm going out of state for a week and I'm going to bring my 3DS. But, I only have Pokemon and have beaten them all already. What game should I get for my trip?

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time/ Majora's Mask/ A Link Between Worlds.

Fire Emblem: Awakening/ Fates/ Echoes. If you're new to the series start with either Awakening or Fates: Birthright

Super Smash Bros

Fantasy Life. If you like grinding and find the charm of the world endearing.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Bravely Default. Pretty good recall to old-school turn-based JRPGs, even in the plot (epic quest for the crystals of the elements).

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Action-RPG about hunting big monsters, use their spoils to craft new equipment and go out to hunt something bigger and meaner.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy. Source of the "OBJECTION!" meme, combination of adventure game (during investigation) and dramatic visual novel (during the trials).

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Heavily inspired on A Link To The Past; and yet it's a great Zelda game on its own.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
Do Virtual Console games count?

If so, I recommend Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. They are Game Boy Color games, but still excellent.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Dragon quest viii: journey of the cursed king.

Or mario kart. That is always the right answer.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
A Link Between Worlds

Xenoblade Chronicles

Course they're the only 3DS games I've actually played, but hey, still reccomend them.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
I'll repeat, Zelda: a link between worlds. Also if I'm not mistaken, advance wars: dual strike was for DS originally but still works on a 3DS. If you can get it, be warned. The game warps time in such a way that you have played fifteen minutes but around you, hours have passed.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Check out Project X Zone.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Mariokart 7 and Luigi's Mansion 2. Those would be my top picks.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
kilenem said:
Code name steam. Its a turn base rpg its like a 7/10 but its only like 10 bucks
Agreed. It's kind of grating and annoying, but it has an odd charm to it. Don't think it's getting a sequel because it failed miserably, if I recall correctly. Also Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is great, if you're into the turn based strategy genre.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Have you tried the Etrian Odyssey series?

EO4, as well as EO1 and EO2 "Untold" (remakes of the original 1&2) are available on the 3DS eshop.

You take a group of characters of various classes into a first-person, map-drawing, dungeon-crawler.
EO5 is out in Japan since last August. Supposedly, it'll be released in the west sometime in Q4[footnote]http://www.thenintendochannel.com/releases/[/footnote].

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I've enjoyed all the games that include "Ace Attorney" on the 3DS (including the Professor Layton cross-over).
Other than those, I sort of neglect my 3DS. There's Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 7.

Tarias

Mar 8, 2016
Monster Hunter Generations. Thousands of hours of playtime of some of the best boss battles of gaming with 15 different weapon types that play completely differently.

tonyh900

May 16, 2010
Fire Emblem Echoes, Etrian odyssey(all of the main series games as well as untold 1 and 2), Etrian mystery dungeon if you like mystery dungeon games, zelda oot and mm 3d, monster hunter generations.