Recommend me a bad video game...

Chaosut

Apr 8, 2009
Hello, about three months ago I had the morbid pleasure of playing an obscure video game known as 'Sniper 2', on the Playstation 2. The voice acting, character animations and dialogue were so consistently awful that the cutscenes actually became quite entertaining. And the gameplay was about what you'd expect from a sub-par, low budget sniping game, but largely inoffensive because it was devoid of challenge. But for me it was really the video game equivalent of Troll 2, which is the best worst movie i've ever seen, and likewise Sniper 2 is the best worst game i've ever played. It started a new fascination with 'bad' and 'so bad it's good' games, but i've only just scratched the surface.If you're curious here are some clips of Sniper 2 on YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNgkpEyoiMI] (Just in case I get accused of advertising, it wasn't uploaded by me).

Anyway, I was hoping that someone could recommend me a entertainingly bad game. The only restrictions are that it can't be on Dreamcast or Wii, and not a JRPG. Here are some of the other ones i've already played:
Charlies Angels,
Big Rigs,
Rogue Warrior,
E.T.,
Bubsy 3D,
Superman 64,
Shaq Fu,
Sonic 2006,
Super Pitfall,
Limbo of the Lost,
Total Recall
Mindjack
(I couldn't find a PAL version of Aquaman unfortunately)
(edit: remembered two others)

Twyce

Mostly a Lurker
Apr 1, 2009
Darkened Skye [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkened_Skye] for the Gamecube ... It was game that used Skittles as magic power(although I admit, this game holds a fond space in my heart).

Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aidyn_Chronicles:_The_First_Mage] for the N64. An RPG, but I don't believe it's a JRPG.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Damnation, you can probably pick it up dirt cheap because it is the worst game I have played this generation.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Phoenix Games PS2 Shovelware maybe?

Classic Game Room is good for finding so bad its good games

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Bad Rats. It's not just a clever title.

Basically, it's a physics puzzle game in which a bunch of rats try to gorily kill a cartoon cat, ala Itchy and Scratchy from The Simpsons. Not only is the premise mildly offensive, but the physics engine is just all kinds of wonky, and the graphics look like a PS1 game[footnote]albeit one being run on an emulator to get high resoutions[/footnote]. Heck, the splash screens even remind me of PS1 era Neversoft.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it's an indie PC game, you can find it on Steam.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
A lot of people say that No More Heroes was intentionally bad...
but that sounds like an excuse to me.

In the so bad it's good (Gymkata) category, I'd go with Nark (PS2).

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Limbo of the Lost

Not so much for it's bad gameplay (because gameplay is almost non-existent), but for all the blatant forms of plagiarism and copyright infringement this game was caught with. It becomes more of a game of I-Spy: I-spy, with my little eye, some stolen textures from the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion game.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Tao Feng: Fist Of The Lotus

Ever wanted to know what it felt like to play as a tank in a fighting game? A tank where you control panel is buggered all to hell.
Then this is the god awful game for you :D !

Oh yes it has all the dressings of a nice game. But don't let it fool you, under it, there is nothing but rusty, unresponsive clock work.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
nikki191 said:
Slash Dementia said:
Have you played Two Worlds? I think that could be one of those games.
OY dont you go knocking two worlds even if it does have the worst voice acting in gaming forsooth.

sure its dodgy in parts but for an open world game its remarkably stable. bethesda could learn a thing from these guys
Pray, tell me, didst thou enjoyeth the game? BANDITS? Oh, it's raining. BANDITS?

I have to agree with you there. Though it was glitch-covered and the frosted with bad acting, it was pretty...stable, as you say. At least I didn't fall through the floor several times like I did in Skyrim.

I actually like their world a tad bit more than what Bethesda has been creating--in a sense. Aesthetically, even though the graphics aren't as shiny.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I hear Ultima IX is insultingly bad, especially if you've played any Ultima games before. But even if you don't know all the continuity they got wrong, from what I've seen it is pretty terribly designed all around.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
James Bond Jr. on the SNES...

Ultima 9...
King's quest 8...
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on the NES...

...those are some bad ones.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Expendables 2 the video game, that one is a doozy :D
Actually if you are the sort of person who likes those movies this thing will probably sit well with you.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I don't know how many of these games are good or bad or if it's just one clip in the entire game but it's worth a watch if you love bad/corny lines.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
TehCookie said:
I don't know how many of these games are good or bad or if it's just one clip in the entire game but it's worth a watch if you love bad/corny lines.

[Video]
I had TRAG.

It, by far, had the worst characters, worst soundtrack(That sticks in your head) and the lamest controls that you had to swap back and forth constantly.

It was also advertised as a 2 player game. It is not.

So if you have a PSx, TRAG is a terrible game to grab.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Action 52.

Cheetahmen 2.

Deadly Towers

Golden Compass

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring: Book 1.