Recommend me a fighting game

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I'm going to say Dead or Alive 5. For multiple reasons;

1: DoA5: Core Fighters is F2P on both Xbox One and PS4. You only get 4 Fighters, no story and limited online options, but you can still play and see if you like the core gameplay. Then if you do the full game only costs like $40 or something, or you can buy individual fighters for like $3 if you don't want the whole thing.

2: Despite the DLC costume spam, the game is really good and quite fun.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Dreiko said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Dreiko said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Dreiko said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
So basically it's between Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, and Tekken 7.

I don't care about the story of either game, so that's not a consideration.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 is more execution based, but I've been told that it also has the best tutorials and practice modes in the genre.

I like the aesthetic designs of Guilty Gear more, but Tekken has a bigger roster.

Guilty Gear is cheaper, and I've been told has better online connectivity.

Tekken has that goddamn SICK slow down effect.

I'll be dropping by Gamestop on the way to the gym tomorrow night, so last day for advice. Sell me on one of these games.
Revelator also has the slowdown that occurs when either hit might score a kill. I believe tekken ripped it off from them since they've had it for years.
And SOLD.

Bought GGXrdRev2 online yesterday, should be here by tuesday.
Sweet, my psn is dreikoo, lemme know if you wanna play sometime. :D
Your enthusiasm for this game is what made me decide to get it. I'll take a few weeks to practice up the basics before hitting you up though. It's been a damn long time since I seriously played a fighting game. Last time I got into a fighter was Soul Caliber 2 on the gamecube.

My competitiveness shifted to online shooters for a really long time, but I've gotten away from that again because there are no good split screen online shooters anymore.
Wow, that is high praise, hope you enjoy the game as much as I do! XD
Finally got a chance to play for a couple of hours today.

Played against a friend of mine with most of the characters. Neither of us is very good but I got to at least get a feel for the characters and started to figure out who I like and who I don't.

Really gravitating toward Sin Kiske and Jack-O.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Haha, Sin is my main (though I'm learning Answer atm), if you stay with him I'll be able to show you some cool stuff. Jack-O is a good beginner style char but also quite unorthodox.