Recommend me a good gaming laptop.

axillarypuma

Dec 11, 2013
Hello everyone, I have a goal for this year, and that is to buy a gaming laptop, and I'd like some recommendations on which to buy, let me start by saying that the reason I ask for a laptop is because I want to be able to carry it around with me when going to a friends house and because it's comfortable.

Anyways back to the point, any recommendations are good, BUT I need a laptop that lasts me some years, which means powerful hardware, like top notch shit to run the newest games smoothly, so I don't have to worry until I move to the US where I will make my own PC, I've seen the prices and they make me wanna rip my eyeballs of and feed them to dogs but I'm patient and willing to save whatever money it takes.

So far I've seen the following brands.

Alienware, they're like fucking macbooks in price but I love the design.

Asus republic of gamers or some shit like that, they're less expensive and still quite good or maybe the same.

I'm open for any recommendations.

BEFORE THIS YEAR ENDS, I SHALL HAVE A GAMING LAPTOP, because I'm FUCKING tired of my potato

Thanks in advance!

Mocmocman

Dec 4, 2012
I'm using a Sager, and I really like it. Not as large brand name means you aren't buying a name.
Do you have a price range for said laptop?
Don't forget a cooling pad, they're a good investment.

axillarypuma

Dec 11, 2013
Mocmocman said:
I'm using a Sager, and I really like it. Not as large brand name means you aren't buying a name.
I don't really have a price range, if it's worth buying I will save the money for it, so anything is valid.

thanks for the name I will check that out

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
I'm currently typing this message on my 2.5 year-old OriginPC laptop. It cost me $3200. These days, even a modestly powerful build would cost far less and pack way, way more power. This laptop has survived about 8 months in Afghanistan, plus the trip back, and then the following almost 2 years.
You wanna know how reliable this machine has been? This one time, a guy in my platoon comes to me and asks me to take a look at his laptop. I pull out the hard drive and interface it with my laptop. My laptop pops up with a message that was like, "Hey, this external drive is kinda messed up, wanna fix it?" I clicked yes, and a half-hour later I give it back to the guy, in perfect working condition.
It's played everything I've thrown at it, albeit it's starting to show its age with some of the most recent AAA titles.

Customer service wasn't super-duper great, but they were prompt, informative, helpful, and I think they even took my advice into consideration for their newest models.

So, yeah, get one of those.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
axillarypuma said:
Mocmocman said:
I don't really have a price range, if it's worth buying I will save the money for it, so anything is valid.

thanks for the name I will check that out
I wouldn't recommend Sager at all. Their tech support is terrible. I have sent my laptop in 3 times for the same issue and it still has it. They also aren't available at all on weekends.

They also refuse me a refund when it states in the god damned warranty I can get a refund.

KouDy

Dec 31, 2010
I was on gaming laptops for some time now (migrated back to regular PC 2 some 2 months ago).

If you don't care about the price tag go Alienware. It's Dell produced (so not bad quality at all), there is some configurator for customization and they are oriented to gamer community. Pretty much unrivaled position but you will pay for that.

MSI is my choice. I don't want to spend all those extreme prices for Alienware. MSI may not be your most durable build, it's plastic and some weird designs occasionally (which i mostly like tbh :) ) but performance wise it's above average. If you treat it well, don't toss it around and all it will serve you well for very nice price.

Toshiba Qosmio line. Price wise it should be somewhere between MSI and Alienware. Specs reveal it should perform well. I didn't own one so can't say much about the build but it's definitely worth checking it out.

Saravana Manickam

Apr 4, 2014
Check out the ASUS ROG G750JM-DS71 ,the better features from the model you mentioned above are its new GTX 800 series GPU.It supports the latest Battery Boost and Shadow-play technologies. Battery Boost lets the user set a target frame-rate in the GeForce experience, meaning the GPU doesn't work harder than you need, saving the juice, while in the same app Shadow-play records your gaming in the background for sharing online in things like Let's Play videos. Another plus is its 1tb but 7200RPM HD. And the price for this model is the same as you mentioned above which i think is much more worth it..Well that's what i feel..But do check it out

http://www.asus-rog-g750.com/

Aluwolf

Apr 1, 2014
Hi, I want you to be aware before you purchase that just because your gpu seems good doesn't mean it is. What I mean by this is moblie gpu's clock in at half the power of their non mobile counterparts. So say you have a 7850M (hypothetically, I don't even know for sure if that exists), what you have isn't a gpu as powerful as the ps4, it's half.

TL;DR: Mobile Gpu's clock in at half the speed, don't get tricked into thinking your gpu is fast.

Aluwolf

Apr 1, 2014
PFCboom said:
I'm currently typing this message on my 2.5 year-old OriginPC laptop. It cost me $3200. These days, even a modestly powerful build would cost far less and pack way, way more power. This laptop has survived about 8 months in Afghanistan, plus the trip back, and then the following almost 2 years.
You wanna know how reliable this machine has been? This one time, a guy in my platoon comes to me and asks me to take a look at his laptop. I pull out the hard drive and interface it with my laptop. My laptop pops up with a message that was like, "Hey, this external drive is kinda messed up, wanna fix it?" I clicked yes, and a half-hour later I give it back to the guy, in perfect working condition.
It's played everything I've thrown at it, albeit it's starting to show its age with some of the most recent AAA titles.

Customer service wasn't super-duper great, but they were prompt, informative, helpful, and I think they even took my advice into consideration for their newest models.

So, yeah, get one of those.
That's your OS fixing it, it's a common feature, has nothing at all to do with the physical build. A 200 dollar laptop is capable of doing that assuming you have a sata to usb. My IT instructor in college would do something similar for people.

Chrozi

Apr 8, 2010
I have an Asus Republic of Gamers and I like it. Thats all I know about them.